These stuffed poblano peppers are all the fun of chile rellenos without all the work of breading and frying them. This dish is packed full of flavors from the shrimp and cheesy pepper stuffings.
First, we’ll roast and skin the peppers. Then we’ll stuff them with shrimp, garlicky cauliflower rice, and seasoned cream cheese. Then Monterey jack is melted over the top, and the whole thing is brought together with the fresh flavors of lime and cilantro.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Cilantro Lime Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 4 medium poblano peppers
- 1 pound large raw shrimp
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 medium lime
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Roast the poblano peppers until the outer skin is charred, then place into bags. After 10 minutes remove the peppers and peel off the outer skins. Cut them open lengthwise and remove all the seeds.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until it turns pink and starts to curl. Plunge the shrimp into an ice bath, then drain. Peel the shrimp and cut into bite size pieces.
3. Preheat your oven to 400F and preheat a skillet with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic then cook until fragrant before adding the cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper, then cook on high until browned.
4. Transfer the cooked cauliflower rice to a bowl then squeeze half of the lime over the top. Sprinkle on the cilantro then mix together.
5. Mix the garlic powder, old bay seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper with the cream cheese.
6. Stuff the shrimp, cauliflower rice, and cream cheese into each pepper. Place onto a baking sheet and top with the Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and browned.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Cilantro Lime Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers. Each serving comes out to be 328.14 Calories, 25.79g Fats, 6.1g Net Carbs, and 17.79g Protein.
|Keto Cilantro Lime Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 medium poblano peppers||51||0.4||12||4.4||7.6||2.2|
|1 pound large raw shrimp||322||4.6||4.1||0||4.1||62|
|4 tablespoons olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|3 cloves garlic, minced||13||0.1||3||0.2||2.8||0.6|
|4 cups riced cauliflower||100||1.1||20||8||12||7.7|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78||13||0||13||14|
|1 medium lime||20||0.1||7.1||1.9||7.1||0.5|
|½ cup cilantro, chopped||1.8||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder||2.6||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning||0.7||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese||843||68||1.5||0||1.5||55|