This mushroom stroganoff makes use of ribeye steak seared in butter. It’s super savory and served in a rich mushroom cream sauce. You can save some time making this recipe by cooking extra steak earlier in the week, then using some of the leftovers.
Those of you who live alone, or just need a quick lunch, might also enjoy that this recipe is a single serving. Serve this up with some cauliflower rice, or a bright side salad for a complete meal. If you’d like to make this for a family dinner then just multiply the ingredient amounts by the number of people you need to serve.
Yields 1 serving of Steak with Keto Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces ribeye steak
- 4 ounces whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock, or as needed
- 1½ ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, for the sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the butter to the pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the steak then pan sear and set aside.
2. Add the rest of the butter to the pan, then once the butter has become hot add the mushrooms. Cook until softened.
3. Turn the heat down to low, then add the garlic and continue cooking for about a minute. Pour in the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
4. Mix in the cream cheese, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Stir together until the cheese melts into the sauce.
5. Plate the steak, then top with the mushroom stroganoff and garnish with parsley.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Steak with Keto Mushroom Stroganoff. Each serving comes out to be 594.2 Calories, 49g Fats, 6.9g Net Carbs, and 33.1g Protein.
|Steak with Keto Mushroom Stroganoff||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|4 ounces ribeye steak||306.7||21.3||0||0||0||28|
|4 ounces whole mushrooms||13||0.2||2.5||1.1||1.4||1|
|1 large garlic clove||4.5||0||1||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|3 tablespoons chicken stock||16||0.5||1.6||0||1.6||1.1|
|1½ ounces cream cheese||149||15||2.3||0||2.3||2.6|
|¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce||1.1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper||1.4||0||0.4||0.1||0.3||0.1|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley||0.5||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|