This creamy ground beef casserole makes a cheesy and filling dinner. The base layer is created with cauliflower, sour cream, onions, and cottage cheese. Don’t leave the cottage cheese out! It sounds a little crazy, but it’s very good.
The whole thing is topped with alternating layers of seasoned ground beef and cheddar cheese. The green enchilada sauce adds a tangy and fresh flavor, giving the casserole fun southwest style vibes.
When it first comes out of the oven you might be a little worried about how watery it looks. There’s nothing wrong with it, and you can serve it immediately, but if you let the casserole cool down it will firm back up. The second day eating this is the best!
Yields 8 servings of Creamy Beef Casserole
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 1.5 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 15 ounces green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the cauliflower rice into a microwave bowl then cook for 4-5 minutes until it softened.
2. Brown the beef over medium-high heat. Pour in the green enchilada sauce, then season with the salt and pepper.
3. Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, and green onions to the bowl with the cauliflower. Mix together very well.
4. Put the cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish and spread out into an even layer.
5. Top the cauliflower with half of the beef mixture.
6. Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Create another layer with the remaining beef, and another layer with the remaining cheddar cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Creamy Beef Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 427.13 Calories, 28.79g Fats, 5.74g Net Carbs, and 33.26g Protein.
|Creamy Beef Casserole||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|16 ounces cauliflower rice||82||0||16.01||8.2||7.81||7.99|
|1.5 pounds 80/20 ground beef||1727||109.96||0||0||0||171.7|
|15 ounces green enchilada sauce||175||10.5||21||7||14||0|
|½ cup sour cream||228||22.25||5.32||0||5.32||2.81|
|1 ¼ cups small curd cottage cheese||276||12.09||9.51||0||9.51||31.27|
|2 cups shredded cheddar cheese||913||75.28||6.98||0||6.95||51.69|
|½ cup sliced green onions||10||0.17||2.04||0.6||1.44||0.34|
|1 teaspoon black pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|