This keto-friendly zucchini crust pizza recipe is super simple and super tasty: easy to whip up in about 30 minutes and great for family cooking night, this meal is bound to keep everyone happy. A crispy crust of shredded zucchini forms the base onto which you can pile any toppings of your choosing. We recommend cheeses, herbs, and pepperoni! Not only is it flavorsome, but this pizza is also healthy, nutritious, and filling.
You’ll begin by cooking up your zucchini pizza bases in the oven, which mix shredded zucchini with almond flour and egg. These alone are a powerful nutrition combo: zucchini—a keto staple—is packed full of antioxidants, while eggs provide a rich source of protein and healthy fats without the calories.
Once your zucchini crusts are prepared, the rest is really up to you. Parmesan and mozzarella cheese melt beautifully on a pizza and provide that creamy, stringy goodness that pizzas are so well-loved for. Add a generous amount of pepperoni for an extra protein kick and a touch of spice, then sprinkle over fresh thyme and basil for those delicious, herbaceous undertones. Feel free to substitute or add your own proteins, herbs, and sauces to achieve your personal pizza perfection.
Not only are these zucchini crust pizzas delicious and quick to make, but they’re also super versatile. Sure to be loved by any member of the family, this is a meal you can serve up at the dinner table, for a weekend lunch, or store in the fridge for weekday lunch boxes. Get creative and enjoy!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Zucchini Crust Pizza
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cup zucchini, shredded + squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a bowl, combine egg, shredded zucchini, cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, parmesan, almond flour, and olive oil. Stir to combine well.
3. Grease a pizza pan, then form the dough into a circle with your hands. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown in color.
4. Add the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, basil, and thyme. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes longer or until the cheese has all melted.
5. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Zucchini Crust Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 398 calories, 31.8g fat, 4.5g net carbs, and 22.2g protein.
|1.00 large egg||79||5.2||0.4||0||0.4||6.9|
|2.00 cup zucchini||63||1.5||11.3||4.2||7.1||4.8|
|2.00 tablespoon cream cheese||99||9.9||1.2||0||1.2||1.8|
|0.50 cup shredded mozzarella||168||12.3||1.2||0||1.2||12.3|
|0.50 cup grated parmesan cheese||216||14.3||2.1||0||2.1||19.3|
|0.25 cup almond flour||162||14||6.2||3.6||2.5||5.9|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh basil||0||0||0||0||0||0.1|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh thyme||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|1.00 cup shredded mozzarella||336||24.6||2.5||0||2.5||24.6|
|0.50 cup pepperoni||348||31.9||0.8||0||0.8||13.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||398||31.8||6.5||2||4.5||22.2|