I found this recipe on a low carb site and decided to try it out for myself. It looked like it might work, but I definitely had my doubts. I mean a cheese pizza crust made out of cream cheese? Seemed farfetched.
In reality? This cheesy cheese pizza crust actually turned out pretty awesome. Granted, when it’s hot, it doesn’t hold it’s form so great. But when you let it cool down and solidify a bit, it makes a great pizza crust!
It might be a little bit garlic-y for your taste, so if you’re not a huge fan of garlic, I suggest cutting that in half (or less).
Yields 8 slices.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 large link chorizo sausage
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375F
2. In a mixing bowl, put your cream cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, pepper, and garlic.
3. Mix it well with a hand blender until smooth.
4. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with cooking spray (or rub it with butter). DON’T FORGET TO DO THIS! I accidently put all my crust batter in the pan before I sprayed it and had to scrape it all out, spray it, and put it back in. It was not fun! Spread your mixture in the pan until it’s evenly distributed.
5. While you are waiting for your oven to preheat, get a pan on the stove and add your meat.
6. Let it cook down for a little bit.
7. Add your spices: cumin, basil, turmeric, salt and pepper, and a bit of Italian seasoning.
8. Let it cook down and leave it on the side.
9. Put your pizza crust in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes. You will see on the top that it is holding together, and the sides have pulled away from the pan.
10. Let this cool for about 10 minutes.
11. Once the crust has cooled, you can put some low carb tomato sauce on there, and spread cheese on it.
12. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes, and once the cheese has started to melt, add your meat mixture. Put this back in the oven for 3-5 minutes more, on broil.
13. Once you are ready, take the pizza out of the oven and let it cool for a while. The cooler it is, the more solid it will become (also making it a lot easier to eat).
14. Slice it up, and serve. Enjoy!
This made 8 small slices, each being: 238.5 Calories, 20.38g Fats, 2.59g Net Carbs, and 10.98g Protein.
|Cheesy Cheese Pizza Crust Pizza||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|½ pound ground beef||574||45.2||0||0||0||38.8|
|1 large link chorizo sausage||273||22.96||1.12||0||1.12||14.46|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese||105||6.96||3.48||0||3.48||7.11|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0.02||2.25||0.3||1.95||0.51|
|½ teaspoon cumin||4||0.23||0.46||0.1||0.36||0.19|
|¼ teaspoon basil||1||0.01||0.17||0.1||0.07||0.08|
|½ teaspoon Italian seasoning||2||0.04||0.62||0.4||0.22||0.08|
|¼ teaspoon turmeric||2||0.02||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.07|