Oof, it’s been a while since I’ve written a recipe! My apologies guys – I’ve been doing a lot of work on the next cookbook. It should be out in a few more weeks, so keep an eye out (spoiler alert, tons of fusion recipes)!
So, the last week I made some inside out buckeye cookies (converted from a non-keto recipe) at the request of on the the members in the Ketogenic Living Facebook group. She said if I could make them, she’d love me forever, so here’s me ode to getting loved forever.
These things are really…freaking…good. No kidding, They just melt in your mouth. Now, I do realize that they’re a bit carb heavy, but 2 of them should fill you up for a snack or a dessert. They’re high in fats, and they’ve only got a bit of protein so they’re almost the perfect keto snack. Chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla come together for a luscious and decadent taste that you won’t want to give up!
Yields 20 Buckeye Cookies
3. Using a hand mixer, mix together the wet ingredients.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a colander or sifter.
5. Mix everything together until it forms a crumbled dough.
6. Using your hands, mix together all the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Before getting your dough out, cut up 2 Chocoperfection (or 90%+ Dark Chocolate) bars into small chunks. You want to fit 1-2 pieces into each cookie.
8. Preheat your oven to 350F. Then, rip off small chunks of dough at a time. Press the chocolate into the dough.
9. Seal the dough with your hands until the chocolate cannot be seen.
10. Press the dough into a rounded tablespoon for consistent cookies.
11. Lay all cookies down on a silpat about 1 inch away from each other. You should get 20 cookies.
12. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Optional: Broil cookies for additional 2-3 minutes to brown the tops.
13. Let cool and serve!
This makes 20 total cookies. Each cookie is 148 Calories, 13.6g Fats, 2.5g Net Carbs, and 4.4g Protein. A perfect keto snack!
|Keto Buckeye Cookies||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour||1600||140||60||30||30||60|
|1/2 Cup Peanut Butter||760||64||24||8||16||28|
|1/4 Cup Coconut Oil||480||56||0||0||0||0|
|3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup||40||4.7||0||0||0||0|
|1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder||3||0||1.8||0||1.8||0|
|2 Chocoperfection Bars||78||8||8||6||2||0|