Oof, it’s been a while since I’ve written a recipe! My apologies guys – I’ve been doing a lot of work on the next cookbook. It should be out in a few more weeks, so keep an eye out (spoiler alert, tons of fusion recipes)!
So, the last week I made some inside out buckeye cookies (converted from a non-keto recipe) at the request of on the the members in the Ketogenic Living Facebook group. She said if I could make them, she’d love me forever, so here’s me ode to getting loved forever.
These things are really…freaking…good. No kidding, They just melt in your mouth. Now, I do realize that they’re a bit carb heavy, but 2 of them should fill you up for a snack or a dessert. They’re high in fats, and they’ve only got a bit of protein so they’re almost the perfect keto snack. Chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla come together for a luscious and decadent taste that you won’t want to give up!
Yields 20 Buckeye Cookies
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 3 tablespoons Ruled.me maple syrup (recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 bars Chocoperfection (or 3-4 Squares 90%+ Dark Chocolate)
3. Using a hand mixer, mix together the wet ingredients.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a colander or sifter.
5. Mix everything together until it forms a crumbled dough.
6. Using your hands, mix together all the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Before getting your dough out, cut up 2 Chocoperfection (or 90%+ Dark Chocolate) bars into small chunks. You want to fit 1-2 pieces into each cookie.
8. Preheat your oven to 350F. Then, rip off small chunks of dough at a time. Press the chocolate into the dough.
9. Seal the dough with your hands until the chocolate cannot be seen.
10. Press the dough into a rounded tablespoon for consistent cookies.
11. Lay all cookies down on a silpat about 1 inch away from each other. You should get 20 cookies.
12. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Optional: Broil cookies for additional 2-3 minutes to brown the tops.
13. Let cool and serve!
This makes 20 total cookies. Each cookie is 153.2 Calories, 13.88g Fats, 2.8g Net Carbs, and 4.43g Protein. A perfect keto snack!
|Keto Buckeye Cookies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ½ cups almond flour||1599||140||60||30||30||60|
|½ cup peanut butter||771||66.25||28.78||6.5||22.28||28.65|
|¼ cup coconut oil||486||53.99||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons Ruled.me maple syrup||50||5.39||0.22||0.15||0.07||0.03|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract||37||0.01||1.64||0||1.64||0.01|
|1 ½ teaspoons baking powder||4||0||1.91||0||1.91||0|
|3 bars Chocoperfection||117||12||15||9||0||0|