These breakfast roll ups are made with eggs stuffed with bacon, sausage, and cheddar cheese. It’s a filling keto breakfast, and the ultimate keto fast-food. Wrap them up and take them to go! These are easy to make ahead of time and store in the fridge, plus they are very low-carb because there are no tortillas to mess with.
Don’t stress too much if you can’t get them all to roll properly. Worst case scenario, you’ll end up with a breakfast taco, or a scramble.
If you don’t have bacon and sausage already cooked, these may take a little extra time to make – but still so very worth it. I recommend setting aside some bacon and sausage while cooking other breakfasts earlier in the week. (Though, I know how hard it can be to end up with “extra bacon.”)
You can obviously customize these to suit your taste with different spices, cheese, and fillings. You can even stuff some veggies inside, like roasted bell peppers.
Yields 5 servings of Ultimate Breakfast Roll Ups
- 10 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked
- 5 patties breakfast sausage, cooked
- Nonstick cooking spray*
*You can of course substitute with some oil, butter, or other type of grease that you prefer. Just be sure to account for it when tracking your food.
1. Pre-heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk together 2 of the eggs in a bowl. Once the skillet is hot turn the heat down to medium-low, then add the eggs. If you need to you can use some non-stick cooking spray. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
2. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for a few minutes, until the egg is cooked almost all the way through.
3. Sprinkle on about 1/3 cup of cheese all over the egg. Lay down a strip of bacon, then break a sausage patty in half and lay that down on top.
4. Carefully roll the egg over the fillings, usually I can fold it in thirds. It will look a little bit like a taquito. Sometimes I have a hard time rolling it, so I fold it over the first time and use my spatula to keep it there until the egg molds onto the shape. Then I carefully fold it over again.
5. Set aside the breakfast roll.
6. Repeat steps 1-4 to create 4 more roll ups. There are five roll ups total.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Ultimate Breakfast Roll Ups. Each serving comes out to be 412.2 Calories, 31.66g Fats, 2.26g Net Carbs, and 28.21g Protein.
|Ultimate Breakfast Roll Ups||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 large (500 g) eggs||715||47.55||3.6||0||3.6||62.8|
|1.5 cups (169.5 g) shredded cheddar cheese||685||56.46||5.24||0||5.24||38.76|
|5 slices (40.5) cooked bacon||222||17.52||0.55||0||0.55||14.47|
|5 rounds cooked breakfast sausage||439||36.79||1.92||0||1.92||25.02|