Ketogenic Pizza, Low Carbohydrate Pizza, Healthy Pizza, Low-Calorie Pizza! – whatever name you give it, this perfect substitution for regular pizza is sure to be a hit. It hits most of the same notes as a regular pizza if you are comparing it to a thin crust that is.
The star of this recipe is definitely the crust base, the Joseph’s Low-Carb Pita Bread
Very similar mouth feel and at a fraction of the guilt. Also one of my go to recipes just like the Cauliflower Fried Rice because you can top it with literally anything in your fridge and pantry. Versatility is always a must because you never know what little bits and bobs you will have sitting around ready to expire.
Yields 1 serving of Thin Crust Low Carb Pizza
- 1 piece Joseph’s Low-Carb Pita Bread
- 2 tablespoons Rao’s tomato Sauce
- 2 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- Optional: mix-in ideas – bacon, spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, artichokes, pesto, pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, roast beef, ham, avocado, sriracha, chili paste
1. Preheat oven to a toasty: 450 ° F
2. Either brush slightly with oil or spray both sides with cooking spray.
3. Place in oven for 1 to 2 minutes to harden and toast the crust.
4. Remove from oven and add the sauce.
5. Add cheeses and toppings of your choice (don’t go too overboard…)
7. Toast for 1-2 minutes at 450° degrees to crisp it
8. Cook for an additional ~3-6 minutes to melt cheese.
Protip: Turn the broiler on the get the cheese nice and bubbly and a good char around the edges.
Protip #2: If you decide to broil it towards the end – KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR PIZZA – even 15 seconds can make the difference between perfectly crispy pizza and a charred burned cracker.
Tell me how you liked it in the comments below!
This recipe can be used to use almost any left overs imaginable in your fridge. Add anything and experiment with different types of ingredients and sauces.
BBQ Pork? Chicken Alfredo anyone? ;P
This makes a total of 1 serving of Thin Crust Low Carb Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 254 Calories, 16.02g Fats, 7.79g Net Carbs, and 19.37g Protein.
|Thin Crust Low Carb Pizza||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 piece Joseph’s Flax Pita Bread||60||2||9||4||5||6|
|2 tablespoons Rao’s marinara sauce||11||0||2||1||1||1|
|2 ounces low-moisture whole milk mozzarella||180||13.97||1.4||0||1.4||12.25|
|1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper||1||0.01||0.18||0.1||0.08||0.03|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder||1||0||0.28||0||0.28||0.06|
|1/8 teaspoon chili flakes||1||0.04||0.13||0.1||0.03||0.03|