Many people only equate pulled pork with traditional American BBQ or Mexican flavors. For this dish, prepare to bring the western world over to the eastern side of the globe! We pair some delicious and tender pulled pork with a crisp salad, topped with a Thai Style BBQ sauce that you’ll be sure to love.
This is a super simple recipe that’s packed full of deep and complex flavors. Each and every bite will give you a different flavor to pick out from – cilantro, red curry paste, and peanut butter will keep your taste buds guessing each and every time you put a forkful of food in your mouth. The crunchy crackling on top acts as a crouton to complement all of the Asian flavors. The cilantro and peanut butter create a smooth and fresh flavor that really goes well with the crispy pork skins.
I based this loosely on my Thai Peanut Chicken recipe, which was a huge hit and everyone seemed to want more of it. So, here you go! The sauce keeps well and could easily be kept in the fridge of freezer – along with the pork. So if you have leftovers and want to save them, these can last you far into the future with just one inexpensive pork roast.
Yields 2 Servings of Thai BBQ Pork Salad
- 10 ounces pulled pork (Recipe Here)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoons creamy peanut putter
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice & zest of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon five spice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon mango extract
1. In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients together (except for cilantro and lime zest).
2. Chop cilantro and zest a lime and add to the sauce.
3. Mix the Thai BBQ sauce together well, and then set aside.
4. Using your fingers, or a knife, pull apart the pork.
5. That’s it! Assemble the salad and glaze over the pork with some sauce. Depending on how you like it, you may have extra sauce to work with so you can save it for another salad!
This makes a total of 2 servings. Each serving comes out to be 458.75 Calories, 33.22g Fats, 8.15g Net Carbs, and 28.9g Protein.
|Thai BBQ Pork Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 ounces pulled pork||719.5||57.3||0.5||0.2||0.3||47.3|
|2 cups (94 g) romaine lettuce||16||0.28||3.09||2||1.09||1.16|
|¼ cup + 2 tbsp. Chopped cilantro||1||0.03||0.22||0.2||0.02||0.13|
|¼ medium (29.75 g) red bell pepper||9||0.09||1.79||0.6||1.19||0.29|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste||26||0.16||6.05||1.3||4.75||1.38|
|2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons soy sauce||23||0.24||2.1||0.4||1.7||3.46|
|1 tablespoons creamy peanut putter||96||8.22||3.57||0.8||2.77||3.55|
|Juice & zest of ½ lime||9||0.04||2.81||0.7||2.11||0.18|
|1 teaspoon five spice||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 teaspoon red curry paste||7||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes||1||0.08||0.25||0.1||0.15||0.05|
|1 teaspoon fish sauce||2||0||0.22||0||0.22||0.3|
|10 drops liquid stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon mango extract||4||0||0||0||0||0|