This recipe is an incredibly simple salad that requires no cooking at all! The radish slices provide a nice crunch that goes well with the garlic Parmesan dressing!
I used an arugula mix for the lettuce, but you can use any kind of lettuce you’d like. I also used Dijon mustard for the dressing, but if this is something you don’t have, regular mustard will do the trick.
I would highly recommend buying a brick or triangle of Parmesan cheese to grate it yourself if possible. Many store-bought and pre-grated cheeses contain starches so it won’t clump together, but that means there are extra carbs.
Again, this is an incredibly easy, tasty and a quick lunch to make for the work week.
Yields 4 servings of Simple Radish Salad
- 1 bag (100g) arugula and baby leaf mix
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place your lettuce, radish, and onion into a salad bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together 3/5 of the olive oil, mustard, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
3. Add in your garlic powder and remaining olive oil.
4. If the dressing is too thick, you can either add in extra olive oil or some water to your desired consistency.
5. Divide the salad up into individual servings. Top with the dressing and remaining Parmesan cheese.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Simple Radish Salad. Each serving comes out to be 237.88 Calories, 21.53g Fats, 5.72g Net Carbs, and 5.55g Protein.
|Simple Radish Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 bag (100g) arugula and baby leaf mix||25||0.7||3.7||1.6||2.1||2.6|
|1 cup sliced radishes||18.6||0.1||3.9||1.9||2||0.8|
|½ cup chopped onion||50||0.2||11||1.6||9.4||1.5|
|3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese||252||16.8||8.4||0||8.4||16.8|
|5 tablespoons olive oil||597||68||0||0||0||0|
|½ tablespoon Dijon mustard||4.7||0.3||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.3|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||4.2||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.2|