Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Time to crack the tequila open, make some keto Mexican food and enjoy yourselves. Today we’re going to be making Guacamole that’s super simple and easy to make. In about 5 minutes you’ll have your guacamole ready and waiting for you to devour!
This guacamole will deliver all you want. Fresh and delicious bites of red onion that’s buried inside of creamy avocado. Notes of fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice add to the freshness and will keep everyone dipping their cheese chips or scooping it out by the spoonful to put in their mouths. You can also use the guacamole in Fish Tacos which are super delicious!
If you’re looking to make the guacamole and save it for another day, make sure that you squeeze some extra fresh lime juice over the top of it and put some plastic wrap over the bowl by pressing it tight against the guacamole. This will ensure freshness and not too much loss in color as 1-2 days go by. After that, it may start turning a dark green, then brown color – so make sure you eat up!
Yields about 2 cups of guacamole
- 2 whole Hass avocados
- 1/3 medium red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons pre-made salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, (½-ounce)
1. Slice your 2 avocados in half, then take the pitt out by slamming your knife into the pit and twisting while you pull. Slice the avocados in the shell by slicing through the meat horizontally and vertically.
2. Prep the vegetables. Get your limes (or lime, depending on size) ready by slicing them in half. Slice the red onions thin, but thick enough to add a crunchy texture. Finally, dice the jalapeno into small pieces and take out the seeds if you do not like your food too spicy.
3. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. To get the meat out of the avocado, use a spoon to scoop it out of the shell.
4. Add 2 tbsp. salsa and the juice of your limes to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to your taste and mix well. Mash some of the avocado using a fork to get the proper consistency.
5. Coarsely chop 1/2 bunch of ciltantro and add it to your guacamole. Fold it in carefully so that you don’t make the guacamole too smooth.
6. Serve it up with some fresh cilantro and lime on the side!
This makes about 2 cups of guacamole. Per tablespoon, it has 16.56 Calories, 1.41g Fats, 0.48g Net Carbs, and 0.23g Protein.
|Simple, Delicious Guacamole||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|272 g Hass avocados||454||41.92||23.5||18.5||5||5.33|
|36.3 g medium red onion||15||0.04||3.39||0.6||2.79||0.4|
|14 g medium jalapeño||4||0.05||0.91||0.4||0.54||0.13|
|14.17g fresh cilantro||3||0.07||0.52||0.4||0.12||0.3|
|44 g fresh lime juice||11||0.03||3.7||0.2||3.5||0.18|
|2 tablespoons pre-made salsa||43||2.85||3.34||0.2||3.14||0.94|
|Per Tbsp. ( /32 )||16.56||1.41||1.11||0.63||0.48||0.23|