A delicious blend of Asian infused flavors come together to give you a delicious meal in under 30 minutes. From the tender, succulent pork to the tangy and spicy “Kimchi” that lays atop, everything works in unison to finish off your bite with a punch of umami.
Definitely worth trying this one – and if you want to, you can even make the “Kimchi” previously and let it sit in the fridge overnight (or for a few days). The reason I put kimchi in quotes is because it’s my own take on it, rather than following a traditional recipe. I wanted to get the cabbage to soak up the flavors while I was cooking the pork, and it did just that!
Yields 4 servings of Pork Shiitake Stir Fry with “Quick Kimchi”
- 3 cups sliced purple cabbage
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/3 medium daikon radish
- 1 large scallion
- 1 medium red chili
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 ½ ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large scallion
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon NOW Erythritol
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice cabbage into thin strips. You want about 3 cups, loosely packed, worth. Slice chili pepper into thin strips, de-seeding as needed if you don’t want the extra heat. Slice the daikon radish into matchsticks.
2. Combine vegetables with 3 tbsp. Rice Vinegar, 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic, 2 tsp. Minced Ginger, 1 1/2 tbsp. Red Boat Fish Sauce, 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, 1 large Scallion (sliced thin), 1 tbsp. Red Curry Paste, and 1 1/2 tbsp. Soy Sauce (or Coconut Aminos).
3. Mix all of the ingredients together well and let this sit aside while you cook the pork.
4. Slice pork tenderloin into 1/4″ thick medallions. You know you want an awesome, cheap pink knife 😉
5. Using 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil, fry the half of the pork medallions until brown spots appear.
6. Turn over the pork and cook on the other side.
7. Remove pork from pan and let sit in a bowl with the oil and juices. Do the same thing with the second batch of pork.
8. Once finished, remove all pork from the pan and add 2 tbsp. white wine, 1 tbsp. coconut oil and 1 tbsp. sesame oil to the pan. Sauté sliced scallion and 3.5 oz. shiitake mushrooms until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
9. Add “kimchi” mixture and NOW erythritol to the pan and stir it in well.
10. Let all of the juices boil and bubble out of the “kimchi”, allowing for the mushrooms to soak it in.
11. Add pork back into the pan with all of the juices and oils. Stir well and let cook for an additional few minutes.
12. Serve and garnish with extra sliced scallion and black sesame seeds!
This makes 4 total servings. Each serving comes out to 322 Calories, 18.02g Fats, 7.92g Net Carbs, and 27.82g Protein. Make sure to serve with a fatty side!
|Pork Shiitake Stir Fry with “Quick Kimchi”||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 cups sliced (210 g) purple cabbage||65||0.34||15.48||4.4||11.08||3|
|3 tablespoons rice vinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic||13||0.04||2.78||0.2||2.58||0.53|
|2 teaspoons minced ginger||3||0.03||0.71||0.1||0.61||0.07|
|1 ½ tablespoons Red Boat Fish Sauce||23||0||0||0||0||6|
|2 teaspoons red pepper flakes||11||0.62||2.04||1||1.04||0.43|
|1/3 medium daikon radish||20||0.11||4.57||1.8||2.77||0.67|
|2 stalks green onions||16||0.1||3.67||1.3||2.37||0.92|
|1 medium (45 g) red chili||18||0.2||3.96||0.7||3.26||0.84|
|1 tablespoon red curry paste||20||0||3||1||2||1|
|1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce||13||0.14||1.18||0.2||0.98||1.95|
|1 pound (453.33 g) pork tenderloin||544||16||0||0||0||93.61|
|3 tablespoons coconut oil||364||40.42||0||0||0||0|
|3 ½ ounces shiitake mushrooms||34||0.49||6.72||2.5||4.22||2.22|
|2 tablespoons white wine||24||0||0.76||0||0.76||0.02|
|1 tablespoon NOW Erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon sesame oil||120||13.6||0||0||0||0|