I have a new found love for sweet chilli peppers such as pimento (also known as cherry peppers). They are sweet, spicy, and best yet only 2 carbs per pepper! I recently tried pimento cheese on a burger and I figured…it was time to make it into a dip!
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and is incredibly easy to make. In fact, the hardest part was finding the peppers. Now, I couldn’t find any raw pimento peppers, so instead, I picked up a pack (10 pcs) of stuffed cherry antipasto. You probably will find it in your local grocery store near the antipasto, or in the refrigerated section that has other pickled products. These peppers were stuffed with cream cheese.
If you can’t find them, you can try using canned piquante peppers – also known as peppadew.
This recipe is best made the day before serving so you can let it sit overnight. If you take the time to do this you’ll get a stronger sweet chilli taste.
Yields about 10 (½-cup)servings of Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1 brick (226 g) cream cheese
- 10 whole (100 g) stuffed sweet cherry peppers, chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up your minced garlic in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Drop in the brick of cream cheese and let it soften, stirring occasionally.
3. Once your cream cheese is softened to a point where you are able to stir it like a thick liquid, mix in your cheddar cheese.
4. The mix should now be a light orange color, so stir in your chopped pimentos!
5. Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate.
This makes about 10 (½-cup) servings of Pimento Cheese Dip. Each serving comes out to be 259.2 Calories, 24.46g Fats, 4.03g Net Carbs, and 6.32g Protein.
|Pimento Cheese Dip||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 brick (226 g) cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|10 stuffed sweet cherry peppers||1100||110||20||0||20||10|
|1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese||685||56.46||5.24||0||5.24||38.76|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic||13||0.04||2.78||0.2||2.58||0.53|