Check out this low-carb, nutrient-packed teriyaki bowl recipe that is sure to please the whole family.
Teriyaki sauce and chicken go together incredibly well, but most teriyaki sauce recipes are full of added sugar. However, this recipe is entirely sugar-free, instead replaced with erythritol to get that signature sweet-salty mix we all recognize and love. The addition of ground ginger, garlic powder, and soy sauce brings some oriental-infused flavor that pairs well with chicken.
Chicken thigh is our preferred meat cut for this recipe. However, feel free to substitute it with chicken breast or drumstick.
The best part of this bowl is layering the different ingredients. The vegetable mix, consisting of zucchini, onion, and broccoli, adds a punch of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber to keep your skin, brain, and digestive system healthy and running at optimum. Adding in some spring onions and sesame seeds gives a nice crunch.
Replace the rice you get with traditional teriyaki bowls with a healthier, lighter substitute—cauliflower. While it might seem like a weird carbohydrate replacement, cauliflower’s slightly crunchy texture and subtle flavor make it a popular rice substitute for many keto recipes, and this one is no different.
This bowl tastes amazing freshly served but will also keep well for a couple of days in the fridge. Ensure the chicken, veggie mix, and cauliflower rice are kept in separate containers, so the ingredients don’t get soggy.
Yields 1 serving of Keto Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 ounce broccoli, steamed
- 1 medium green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounce cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Cut the chicken thighs into small bite sized pieces.
3. In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients for the chicken: soy sauce, powdered erythritol, ground ginger, garlic powder, and avocado oil into a bowl. Stir to combine well.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the diced chicken pieces to the pan and cook until internal temperature reaches 165F.
5. Pour the sauce on the cooked chicken pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Cook the vegetables by adding the butter, zucchini, yellow onion, sesame seeds, broccoli, and green onion. Sautee this for 3 – 5 minutes. Season with salt.
7. Cook the cauliflower rice and avocado oil together on medium heat for 4 – 6 minutes.
8. Make the teriyaki bowls by combining the cauliflower rice, vegetables, and chicken into a bowl.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Chicken Teriyaki Bowl . Each serving comes out to be 780 calories, 67.2g fat, 10.9g net carbs, and 35.6g protein.
|6.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||243||15.2||0||0||0||28.9|
|1.00 tablespoon soy sauce||8||0.1||0.8||0.1||0.7||1.3|
|1.00 tablespoon powdered erythritol||0||0||0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|0.25 teaspoon ground ginger||1||0||0.3||0.1||0.3||0|
|0.25 teaspoon garlic powder||3||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|1.00 tablespoon avocado oil||120||13.6||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium zucchini||16||0.4||2.9||1.1||1.8||1.2|
|0.25 medium yellow onion||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon sesame seeds||8||0.6||0.3||0.2||0.2||0.2|
|2.00 ounce broccoli||20||0.2||4.1||1.9||2.2||1.4|
|1.00 medium green onion||5||0||1.1||0.4||0.7||0.3|
|3.00 ounce cauliflower rice||21||0.3||4.3||1.7||2.6||1.6|
|1.00 tablespoon avocado oil||120||13.6||0||0||0.0||0.0|
|Per Serving (/1)||780||67.2||16.8||5.8||10.9||35.6|