A little delicious treat is something that everyone on a ketogenic diet will crave. But, when it comes to the carb counts and fat ratios, we need to make sure everything is in check before we start baking. These blondie squares are 88% calories from fat – just about good enough to be considered a fat bomb. As many of you know, I try to stay clear of the usual “fat bomb” consisting of frozen coconut oil and cocoa powder. You can check out my other “twists” on fat bombs by trying out a chia seed almond butter square, or a fantastic chocolate mug cake.
With these Pecan Butter Chia Blondies, you get tons of flavor and deliciousness in 1 bite. They seriously taste like fresh pancakes with maple syrup, compacted up and formed into a bar. Each bite reminded me of a breakfast as a kid, digging into pancakes on a Sunday morning. All of the flavors come together perfectly to create a fantastic treat whenever you’re in need of something sweet.
Let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
Yields 16 Pecan Butter Chia Seed Blondies
- 2 ¼ cups roasted pecans
- ½ cup chia seeds, ground
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup erythritol, powdered
- 3 tablespoons SF Torani Salted Caramel
- 10 drops liquid Stevia
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Measure out 2 1/4 cup pecans (I order mine from Amazon) and bake for about 10 minutes. Once you can smell a nutty aroma, remove nuts and set aside.
2. Grind 1/2 cup whole chia seeds in a spice grinder until a meal forms.
3. Remove chia meal and place in a bowl. Next, grind 1/4 cup Erythritol in a spice grinder until powdered. Set in the same bowl as the chia meal.
4. Place 2/3 of roasted pecans in food processor.
5. Process nuts, scraping sides down as needed, until a smooth nut butter is formed.
7. Add pecan butter to the batter and mix again.
8. Using a rolling pin, smash the rest of the roasted pecans into chunks inside of a plastic bag.
9. Add crushed pecans and 1/4 cup melted butter into the batter.
10. Mix batter well, then add 3 tbsp. Heavy cream and 1 tsp. Baking Powder. Mix everything together well.
11. Measure out the batter into a 9×9 tray and smooth out.
12. Bake for 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
13. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice off the edges of the brownie to create a uniform square. This is what I call “the bakers treat” – yep, you guessed it! Snack on those bad boys while you get them ready to serve to everyone else. The so-called “best part” of the brownie are the edges, and that’s why you deserve to have all of it 🙂
14. Serve up and eat to your hearts (or rather macros) content!
This makes 16 total Pecan Butter Chia Seed Blondies. Each blondie comes out to 139 Calories, 13.53g Fats, 0.93g Net Carbs, and 2.85g Protein.
|Pecan Butter Chia Seed Blondies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ¼ cups (165 g) roasted pecans||1172||122.55||22.36||15.5||6.86||15.67|
|½ cup chia seeds (56.7 g), ground||276||17.43||23.88||19.5||4.38||9.38|
|¼ cup butter, melted||407||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|¼ cup erythritol, powdered||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons SF Torani Salted Caramel||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||153||16.24||1.23||0||1.23||1.28|