Maple Shrimp Salad is a sweet and savory dish that can be served as an entrée or as a side salad for dinner. It reminds me of warm, slightly saccharine spring nights. The kind where you sit for hours after dinner is served, and bask in the extended daylight hours.
For this salad, I used pre-cooked, peeled shrimp with no tails to save on time. There’s not a lot of prep time involved, you will just need to ensure the shrimp is thoroughly cooked before serving; it should be an orange color [uncooked shrimp is blue].
Yields 6 servings of Maple Shrimp Salad
- 6 ounces field greens
- 1 pound feta cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds shrimp
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red peppers, sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Pre-heat a pan on the stove then melt the butter.
2. Add minced garlic to melted butter. Place shrimp in the pan. Sauté until lightly browned.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and allow the shrimp to cool.
4. Mix field greens, shrimp, chopped feta, onion, and sliced red peppers in a salad bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, sugar-free maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
6. Pour salad dressing onto salad. Toss so ingredients are evenly coated.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Maple Shrimp Salad. Each serving comes out to be 456.87 Calories, 25.07g Fats, 9.43g Net Carbs, and 46.33g Protein.
|Maple Shrimp Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 ounces field greens||48||0.8||8.9||3.4||5.5||3.8|
|1 pound feta cheese||1198||97||19||0||19||64|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.2|
|2 pounds shrimp||1079||15||14||0||14||207|
|½ medium onion, chopped||20.5||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.7|
|2 medium red peppers||64||0.5||15.2||2.8||12.4||2|
|3 teaspoons olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|5 teaspoons sugar-free maple syrup||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar||2.1||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||2.6||0||0.8||0.1||0.7||0.1|