Kale leaves pan-fried in butter then tossed with Dijon mustard dressing, and topped with crumbled feta cheese. The dressing is my new favorite way to eat kale, and there’s something seriously satisfying about tucking into a bowl that’s both healthy and delicious. This hearty salad works great as a nutrient-packed side dish for dinner, or simply as lunch.
This is another great base recipe that you can make your own every time you create it. Other toppings you should try include bacon, keto croutons, chopped ham, grilled chicken, or even hard-boiled eggs.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Warm Kale Salad
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces kale
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic
1. Blend the heavy cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and garlic together until smooth. Set aside.
2. Rinse the kale and chop into bite-size pieces. Discard the stem.
3. Add the butter to a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the kale to the pan and quickly cook until a dark brown color comes out. About 1-2 minutes.
4. Place cooked kale into a bowl. Top with feta cheese and dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Warm Kale Salad. Each serving comes out to be 343 Calories, 33.7g Fats, 4.3g Net Carbs, and 6.25g Protein.
|Warm Kale Salad||Calories||Fat(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|4 ounces kale||32||0.5||6.4||2.3||4.1||2.2|
|2 ounces feta cheese||150||12.1||2.3||0||2.3||8.1|
|4 tablespoons heavy cream||202||21.4||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|1 tablespoon mayonnaise||94||10.3||0.1||0||0.1||0.1|
|2 teaspoon dijon mustard||3||0.2||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic||2||0||0.5||0||0.4||0.1|