Sweet but keto-friendly, this strawberry cream pie is a scrumptious and light dessert!
Yes, strawberries have natural sugar in them, but as long as they don’t have any added sugar in them they will be fine to keep you in ketosis. I used frozen strawberries that do not contain any added sugar. Make sure to check the bags ingredients if you use frozen. Otherwise, you can certainly use fresh strawberries, especially if they are in season!
Yields 12 servings of Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 10 ounce strawberries, frozen + no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup stevia/erythritol blend
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Gather and prepare all ingredients. Defrost the strawberries.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a pie or tart pan with butter.
3. Combine the almond flour, stevia/erythritol blend, baking soda, and salt into a food processor. Pulse it a few times to mix it all together.
4. Add the butter and vanilla extract. Pulse this until you get a dough mixture.
5. Put the dough in the greased pan and form it to the sides. Poke the bottom with a fork.
6. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool completely before adding the strawberry cream.
7. Add water to a pan then sprinkle in the unflavored gelatin and let sit for 3-5 minutes. This is called blooming and an important step in order for the gelatin to be smooth.
8. Place the frozen but defrosted strawberries into a blender along with the lemon juice. Blend this until smooth. Leave this mixture in the blender and set aside.
9. Once the gelatin is done blooming, add the stevia/erythritol blend to the pan. Heat on low and stir constantly until everything is mixed well.
10. Have the blender on at its lowest setting and pour the heated mixture into the blender in the small opening on the blender.
11. Transfer this to a mixing bowl and refrigerate for a few minutes.
12. In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
13. Pour the whipping cream mixture into the strawberry mixture.
14. Stir together until everything is well combined.
15. Pour this mixture on top of the cooled pie crust.
16. Cover the pie and let it sit in the refrigerator for 5 hours before enjoying.
This makes a total of 12 servings of Keto Strawberry Cream Pie. Each serving comes out to be 175 calories, 16.7g fat, 2.8g net carbs, and 3g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|1.00 cup almond flour||648||56||24.6||14.6||10.1||23.5|
|0.25 cup stevia/erythritol blend||10||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|0.25 cup butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|10.00 ounce strawberries||91||0.9||21.8||5.7||16.1||1.9|
|1.00 tablespoon lemon juice||3||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.1|
|0.25 cup water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.25 teaspoon unflavored gelatin||10||0||0||0||0||2.5|
|0.33 cup stevia/erythritol blend||13||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.9||6.5||0.0||6.5||6.8|
|Per Serving (/12)||175||16.7||4.5||1.7||2.8||3|