Who doesn’t love mini cakes? Especially when they’re guilt free! These mini vanilla cloud cakes are a sweet and delicate treat for any occasion. While these are low-carb, no one would ever guess! The fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting melts in your mouth with every bite. The addictive frosting, combined with a light cake, makes for an elegant showstopper.
Since each cake is a single serving, they’re the perfect choice for a party setting. If needed, these cakes can easily be made in advance and stored in the fridge overnight. Just don’t make them too far in advance or else they might all “disappear” before the party!
The cake is actually based off of cloud bread- a popular low-carb bread made primarily from eggs and cream cheese. In this recipe I’ve taken the traditional cloud bread, sweetened it up a bit, and transformed it into a delicate pastry. The reason I chose to use cloud bread for this recipe is because unlike heavier cakes made with almond flour or coconut flour, cloud bread maintains a heavenly, light texture. Cloud bread is definitely my go-to when trying to create delicate pastry treats. Another benefit of cloud bread is that no special flour is needed, so it is more accessible for those that may not be able to find almond or coconut flour locally.
To add an extra punch of flavor, you can drizzle the cakes with chocolate or raspberry sauce.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Mini Vanilla Cloud Cakes.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 2 muffin tins with an oil of choice. Then in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla extract, sweetener, and egg yolks until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
3. Next, carefully fold the whipped egg whites into the yolk mixture. Be careful to not deflate the whites when doing so.
4. Scoop about two tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin tin.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once done, remove the cake from the muffin tins and place on a cooling rack.
7. While the cakes are cooling, combine all frosting ingredients together in a medium bowl.
8. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
9. Transfer frosting to pastry bag with wide tip.
10. Set aside 3 layers for each cake and then pipe frosting in between each layer of cake.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Mini Vanilla Cloud Cakes. Each cake comes out to be 323.75 Calories, 29.72g Fats, 4.46g Net Carbs, and 8.9g Protein.
|Keto Mini Vanilla Cloud Cakes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 large eggs||429||28.53||2.16||0||2.16||37.68|
|6 tablespoons cream cheese||304||29.96||4.8||0||4.8||5.35|
|½ teaspoon cream of tartar||4||0||0.92||0||0.92||0|
|2 tsp. vanilla extract||24||0.01||1.06||0||1.06||0.01|
|¼ cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16 ounces cream cheese||1588||156.22||25.04||0||25.04||27.9|
|2 tablespoons butte||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|1/3 cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract||37||0.01||1.64||0||1.64||0.01|