Dessert doesn’t have to be a ‘cheat’ meal, and keto cakes certainly don’t have to be heavy masses of eggy almond flour. This 60-second mug cake comes out perfectly soft, mouth-wateringly moist, and tastes absolutely heavenly. With some great healthy ingredients and a perfected method, this strawberry and cream mug cake may just become your new favorite guilt-free go-to.
A little preparation is required before you can zap your tasty treat in the microwave: chop your strawberries, make sure your golden flaxseed meal is re-ground to perfection (this is essential for texture!), and separate an egg yolk from the white. Removing the egg white means that this mug cake won’t rise as much as ones that contain the white, but this is also what makes it so much softer. Keep the white in the fridge for an omelet or quiche – waste not, want not, right?
If you’re not fond of flaxseed meal, feel free to substitute in chia seeds or more almond flour, and switch up your fruits and berries depending on the season. You’ll get a slightly different result, though no less tasty. Altogether, this little morsel comes in at 246 calories, with 21g of fat and 7g of protein.
After a minute in the microwave, we recommend topping everything off with a dash of powdered sweetener and a dollop of cream cheese to maximize deliciousness. If you’re looking for a quick and easy yet healthy dessert option for one that doesn’t feel like you’re cheating on your diet, this keto strawberry and cream mug cake may be just what you desire!
Yields 1 serving of Keto Strawberry & Cream Mug Cake
- 1 1/3 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Strawberries & Cream:
- 1 medium strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon powdered erythritol
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Blend almond flour and golden flaxseed meal in a blender.
3. Mix the blended almond flour and golden flaxseed meal with baking powder and erythritol. Stir to combine well.
4. Add in the egg yolk. vanilla extract, lemon juice, and heavy cream. With a mixer, mix for about 30 seconds.
5. Spray the inside of a mug with cooking spray, then add in the mug batter. Top with the diced strawberries. Microwave for 60 seconds.
6. Combine the softened cream cheese and powdered erythritol in a bowl. Stir to combine well. Top the mug cake with this.
7. Dust the mug cake with powdered erythritol.
8. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Strawberry & Cream Mug Cake. Each serving comes out to be 246 calories, 21.3g fat, 3.9g net carbs, and 6.9g protein.
|1.33 tablespoon almond flour||54||4.7||2.1||1.2||0.8||2|
|2.00 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal||23||1.8||1.3||1.2||0.1||0.8|
|1.00 tablespoon erythritol||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|1.00 large egg yolk||55||4.5||0.6||0||0.6||2.7|
|1.00 tablespoon heavy cream||51||5.4||0.4||0||0.4||0.4|
|0.50 teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|0.50 teaspoon lemon juice||0||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|1.00 medium strawberries||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.7||0.1|
|1.00 tablespoon cream cheese||50||4.9||0.6||0||0.6||0.9|
|1.00 teaspoon powdered erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/1)||246||21.3||6.6||2.6||3.9||6.9|