Being that the weather is heating up, the humidity is rising, and it seems like some days are just too hot – these popsicles will do just the trick. We went out to the Hmong Sheboygan Summer Festival on Sunday and although tons of fun, it was really hot! Once we got home, partially drenched in sweat, I knew that I had to make something that would cool us both off.
The idea of keto and popsicles usually doesn’t resonate with me that well. They’re normally really hard (due to the liquids) or partially solidified fat mixed with liquid. All in all, they’re usually not that fantastic to eat, as you get small bits and graininess throughout each lick or bite.
These, however, are very smooth and creamy. Using sour cream as one of the base ingredients – and then using an immersion blender – we get a very creamy mixture. It pour easily and freezes well, and actually tastes like a popsicle. It doesn’t have a watered down flavor and is definitely a must try for a hot day!
Yields 6 Raspberry Lemon Popsicles
- 100 g Raspberries
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (from the carton)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Guar Gum
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia
1. Add all ingredients into a container and use an immersion blender to blend the mixture together.
2. Continue blending until the raspberries are completely mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Strain the mixture, making sure to discard all raspberry seeds. I tried making a batch with the seeds still in, and they started to irritate my tongue as I was eating it.
4. Pour the mixture into molds. I use this mold for my popsicles. Set the popsicles in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
5. Run the mold under hot water to dislodge the popsicles.
6. Serve and eat whenever you want!
This makes a total of 6 Raspberry Lemon Popsicles. Each popsicle comes out to be 151 Calories, 16g Fats, 2g Net Carbs, and 0.5g Protein.
|Raspberry Lemon Popsicles||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|Juice 1/2 Lemon||6||0||2||0||2||0|
|1/4 cup Coconut Oil||480||56||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup Coconut Milk||45||5||2||1||1||0|
|1/4 cup Sour Cream||120||10||2||0||2||2|
|1/4 cup Heavy Cream||200||24||2||0||2||0|
|1/2 tsp. Guar Gum||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Popsicle ( /6 )||150.5||16.0||3.3||1.3||2.0||0.5|