Getting a nice hot bowl of ramen is certainly something I miss while eating keto. Thankfully, it’s still something you can have if you replace the carby noodles. We used slices of beef, but you can add any kind of protein you prefer to the finished keto ramen noodle soup.
We also included a list of optional toppings. They’re not included in the nutritional information, but adding them really rounds out the dish and makes it like the one you’d get at a ramen counter.
Yields 5 (1-cup) servings of Keto Spicy Beef Ramen Bowl.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups beef broth
- 3 packets shirataki noodles
- 10 slices roast beef
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped green onion
- Extra chili sauce
- Seaweed flakes
1. In a large stockpot heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onions until softened.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, chili paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and beef broth to the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Take the noodles out of the package then rinse under cold water. Add to the pot then check the seasoning. Add salt if needed.
4. Divide the noodles and broth out into four bowls. Add the beef then the optional toppings if desired.
This makes a total of 5 (1-cup) servings of Keto Spicy Beef Ramen Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 110.96 Calories, 4.43g Fats, 3.88g Net Carbs, and 10.43g Protein.
|Spicy Beef Ramen Bowl||Calories||Fat(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|1 small onion||26||0.1||6.1||0.8||5.3||0.8|
|1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger||5.5||0.1||1.2||0.1||1.1||0.1|
|3 cloves garlic||13||0.1||3||0.2||2.8||0.6|
|1 teaspoon chili paste||1||0.03||0.19||0||0.19||0.04|
|1 tablespoon fish sauce||6.3||0||0.7||0||0.7||0.9|
|¼ cup soy sauce||34||0.4||3.1||0.5||2.6||5.2|
|¼ cup rice wine vinegar||11||0||0||0||0||0|
|4 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms||32||0.5||6||2.5||3.5||2.5|
|5 cups beef broth||84||2.6||0.5||0||0.5||14|
|3 packets shirataki noodles||90||0||20||18||2||6|
|10 slices roast beef||133||4.3||0.7||0||0.7||22|