This keto-friendly casserole has all the tasty, juicy goodness of a big bacon cheeseburger, minus the carbs and minus the mess! Packed to the brim with good nutrients and healthy fats, this delicious family-friendly dinner meal is sure to become a new favorite. Combine spaghetti squash with bacon, beef mince, and an array of seasonings for a flavorsome and filling dish.
The most time-consuming part of this single-pan meal is cooking the squash, and that really only involves throwing it into the oven until it’s nice and soft. It’ll take about 40 minutes, giving you plenty of time to prepare and cook the other ingredients while you wait. Once that’s done, it’s simply a matter of mixing all that healthy goodness together!
And when we say healthy, we mean it—you might see ‘cheeseburger’ and think “that can’t be good for me!” but this meal packs a real nutritious punch. One serving will provide you with almost 29 grams of fat and a whopping 30.5 grams of protein. Not to mention, the bacon, beef, and spaghetti squash bring an array of essential nutrients to the table, including vitamins C, B12, and B6, iron, manganese, and zinc.
Once your spaghetti squash casserole has been sufficiently mixed, there’s just one thing left to add: the cheese. Grated cheddar does the trick perfectly. Sprinkled over the top and left to melt, it’ll really tie in that juicy, delicious cheeseburger effect. Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve, and dig in!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- 16 ounce spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 16 ounce ground beef
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon low-carb ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the spaghetti squash onto the baking sheet. Brush the squash with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes with the skin facing up.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the chopped bacon and cook to your liking. Once done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess grease.
5. Add the ground beef into the same pan as the bacon was in. Break up the beef and cook until there’s almost no pink.
6. Add in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until there is no more pink.
7. Add the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce into the ground beef. Once the spaghetti squash is done, scoop the squash from the skin and place it into the pan. Stir to combine well.
8. Layer the top with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the frying pan and let sit on low for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
9. Garnish with the chopped bacon. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cheeseburger Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 454 calories, 35.8g fat, 5.9g net carbs, and 25g protein.
|16.00 ounce spaghetti squash||122||1.4||29.5||6.4||23.1||3.2|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 slice bacon||597||52.3||0||0||0||29.9|
|16.00 ounce ground beef||1152||90.7||0||0||0||77.9|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0.0||0|
|3.00 tablespoon low-carb ketchup||27||0.1||2.8||0||2.8||0|
|2.00 teaspoon worcestershire sauce||9||0||2.2||0||2.2||0|
|6.00 ounce cheddar cheese||687||56.7||5.3||0||5.3||38.9|
|Per Serving (/6)||454||35.8||7||1.1||5.9||25|