Salmon and asparagus are both delicious separately, but together they taste even better. Combine them with a light and zesty lemon oil, and you’ve got a quick and healthy meal option that tastes amazing any time of the day.
Sheet pan meals are always convenient and easy to make. This recipe is no different! Salmon is a light-tasting fish and cooks quickly, meaning you can whip up this fantastic-tasting dish when you’re short for time.
Salmon is an amazing protein option as it’s incredibly rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are responsible for lowering blood pressure, improving skin quality, and decreasing inflammation. Salmon also has many antioxidants and beneficial compounds that can help reduce the risk of heart disease and help with weight control.
As salmon has a delicately oily taste, it tastes best when enhanced with a light and subtle sauce. Overly spiced or rich sauces can often drown out the delicate meat. The mild lemon oil is the perfect accompanying flavor to the salmon and works well with the asparagus. Quite a lot of lemon juice and zest are used in this recipe, but the acidity pairs amazingly well with the fatty salmon.
Asparagus is a vegetable associated with the warmer months as it’s the most vibrant in spring. Apart from tasting fantastic, asparagus is low in calories and high in fiber.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Lemony Salmon Asparagus Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 16 ounce asparagus spears
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 ounce salmon filets with skin
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon old bay seasoning
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 450F. Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus spears.
2. In a bowl, make the lemon oil by combining half the olive oil and juice and zest of lemon.
3. Toss the asparagus spears in a bowl with the other half of the olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Spread the asparagus on the baking sheet. Place the asparagus sheet in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Brush both sides of the salmon filets with olive oil, minced garlic, old bay seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Situate the salmon filets on the baking sheet with the asparagus. Bake in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes.
7. Flip and put back in the oven for another 5 – 7 minutes or until done to your liking.
8. Drizzle the lemon oil over the salmon filets.
9. Serve with slices of lemon and add extra lemon oil as desired.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Lemony Salmon Asparagus Sheet Pan Meal. Each serving comes out to be 445 calories, 27.6g fat, 4.2g net carbs, and 40.4g protein.
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0.0||0||0.0||0|
|16.00 ounce asparagus spears||91||0.5||17.6||9.5||8.1||10|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|24.00 ounce salmon fillets with skin||1402||81.7||0||0||0||149.7|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|2.00 tablespoon old bay seasoning||17||0.9||2.4||0.9||1.5||0.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||445||27.6||7.4||3.2||4.2||40.4|