We love these snickerdoodle chaffles. A chaffle, if you’re not aware, is a waffle made with just cheese and egg. This makes them a great keto-friendly snack that you can whip up in minutes. They’re super tasty and will give you a boost of energy to get you through to your next meal. Try this recipe out today. We think you’ll love the results!
These chaffles are so simple to make. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients in a bowl or use a blender to do the mixing for you. Our recipe uses almond flour and baking soda along with the cheese and egg to boost the dish so it’s more of a substantial snack or meal.
Once you’ve got your mixture ready, all you need to do is start cooking your chaffles in your waffle maker. Simple as that. To make them sweet, this recipe calls for them to be slathered with butter and covered with ground cinnamon. Alternatively, you can eat them as a savory snack. Either way, they taste great.
If you’re looking for a new sweet snack that’s keto-friendly, tasty, and nutritious, we thoroughly recommend cooking up a batch of these delicious chaffles. They’re the perfect snack to whip up on a weekend afternoon or to pop in your kids’ lunchboxes. Everyone will love them!
Yields 3 servings of Keto Snickerdoodle Chaffles
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon erythritol
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon powdered erythritol
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a small food processor, add in the egg, mozzarella, almond flour, and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
3. Add in the erythritol, then blend until smooth.
4. Place some of the mixture onto the preheated waffle iron. Close the waffle iron and cook the waffles based on the instructions provided by the machine. Or until it cooks in between 3-5 minutes.
5. Let the chaffles cool down a bit before removing from the iron.
6. Brush them with melted butter on both sides.
7. Season the chaffles with a mixture of cinnamon and erythritol on both sides.
8. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Snickerdoodle Chaffles. Each serving comes out to be 192 calories, 16.3g fat, 1.7g net carbs, and 8.5g protein.
|1.00 large egg||79||5.2||0.4||0||0.4||6.9|
|0.50 cup shredded mozzarella||168||12.3||1.2||0||1.2||12.3|
|0.25 cup almond flour||162||14||6.2||3.6||2.5||5.9|
|0.13 teaspoon baking powder||0||0||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|3.00 tablespoon erythritol||7||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.50 tablespoon unsalted butter||153||17.2||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon powdered erythritol||1||0||0.0||0||0.0||0|
|Per Serving (/3)||192||16.3||3.4||1.7||1.7||8.5|