It’s that time of year when I do a cleaning out of the fridge. Things that have been sitting at the back, behind all your favorite sauces, those things you don’t even remember? Yep, we’re going to make a pizza out of that!
I had some bacon that was starting to discolor, some creamy spinach dip that was just about to expire, and a can of chicken that I needed to get rid of.
Pizza is the first thing that comes to your mind too, right? 😉
I always thought I was a great multi-tasker in the kitchen, but this recipe had me running around like a headless chicken! Between taking pictures, cooking the bacon, making the dough, taking it out of the oven every 5 minutes, and cooking the toppings – it was a big challenge to keep up with everything.
I suggest cooking the toppings previously to the crust, so you have less downtime out of the oven. The longer it’s let out to cool, the more it will harden up. You want to try to keep it a bit soft in the middle. That means you have to act fast every time it comes out of the oven.
As for which almond flour to use, I highly suggest Honeyville Almond Flour. I really have to say that it was one of the best baking recommendations of my keto cooking career that I’ve gotten.
Yields 1 large pizza, 8 slices total
- 2 1/4 Cup Mozzerella Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 Can Pre-cooked Chicken Breast
- 9 Tbsp. Creamed Spinach Dip
- 2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
1. In a bowl, put 1 1/2 Cup mozzerella cheese.
2. In a separate bowl, measure out 3/4 Cup Almond flour. Combine the parmesan cheese and italian seasoning with it and mix well.
3. In a small ramekin, have your cream cheese and egg ready.
4. Microwave your mozzarella cheese for about 45 seconds until it is gooey.
5. Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl, and mix it together well.
6. Keep kneading the dough together until you can form a ball. Add more almond flour if needed. Warning: This gets messy.
7. Spread the dough onto your pre-greased baking sheet. I use these silpats so that I don’t have to use grease. I only got them the other day and I have to say I wish I had bought them a long time ago. I don’t even know how I put anything in the oven without them.
You want to make sure the pizza dough is thin and has no holes. It should be around 10-12″ in size.
8. Set your oven to broil setting. My oven has 5 levels of broil, I set it to #4. I think you’d be fine with #3 but I like my crust to be crispy.
9. Put the pizza dough into the oven and let it cook for 5 minutes.
10. Once the pizza crust is browned on the top, take it out of the oven – we need to flip it.
11. I use a second silpat and put it over the top, flipping it around. It makes it really easy. If you use a spatula or some other small tool, the crust will fall apart.
12. It should look white on the bottom, still uncooked. We need to put it in the oven for 5 more minutes.
13. Once that side is browned, take it out of the oven.
14. We’re ready to top this thing! Let’s make sure you have the toppings ready.
1. Before putting this in the oven, I get started on my bacon. Cut your bacon into small pieces and put them in a pan to fry.
2. Once the bacon is done, take it out of the pan and save the grease. Lay the bacon on some paper towels to crisp up and drain excess grease.
3. In the same pan, let the grease get hot.
4. Drop the canned chicken into the pan and let it fry.
5. Measure out 9 tablespoons (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp.) of the spinach dip.
6. Once the chicken is done cooking, mix your creamed spinach dip into it. Make sure every small piece of chicken is coated.
It’s time to top the pizza!
1. Add your chicken mixture to the top of the pizza, making sure that it is spread out evenly.
2. Put the rest of your cheese on top. I used about 3/4 Cup more of mozzarella, but if you don’t like your pizza extra cheesy – use less. Don’t be afraid to experiment with other cheeses!
3. Add some bacon bits on top, but save some for when it’s finished.
4. Put it back into the oven for 5 more minutes. This will be the final broiling we do.
5. When you see the cheese starting to brown, and the bacon just starting to burn, take it out.
6. Let it cool for 10 minutes before you touch it.
7. Slice into 8 slices, and enjoy!
The pizza comes out to have 8 slices. Each slice is: 252 Calories, 17.4g Fats, 2.2g Net Carbs, and 18.9g Protein.
|Kitchen Sink Low Carb Pizza||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 1/2 Cup Mozzerella Cheese||601||45||0||0||0||53|
|3/4 Cup Almond Flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|4 Slices Bacon||168||13||0||0||0||12|
|1 Can Pre-cooked Chicken Breast||360||6||0||0||0||54|
|9 Tbsp. Creamed Spinach Dip||225||18||9||2||7||2|
|2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese||68||6.8||1.2||0||1.2||1.8|
|2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese||42||3||0||0||0||4|
|1 Large Egg||70||5||0.7||0||0.7||6|
|1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|