Call it a fat bomb if you will, but I’ll call it my temptation atomic bomb. Chocolatey, peanut-buttery, rich, and purely delicious. This is the keto ice cream that I always make when I am having a craving for something sweet.
All that fat-filled, creamy richness will fill you up in no time and have your sweet tooth put to sleep in even less. We’re going to use cottage cheese to obtain the creaminess that ice cream is known for, but with only a fraction of the carbs.
Cottage cheese!? THAT LUMPY STUFF? Trust me, once the lumps are taken out of there, you will be wishing you discovered this beforehand.
Not only is it loaded with fats, it’s also loaded with tons of protein, so it has a lot of uses. Eat it as a pre-workout meal, eat it if you’re lacking protein in your macros, hell just eat it to have a great treat.
Don’t need the protein? Simple…leave out the protein powder!
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 drops Splenda
1. Get all your supplies together, it’s a simple and easy to make keto ice cream!
2. Put the cottage cheese and stevia into a cup (or your food processor).
3. Don’t forget the heavy cream! This adds some richness to it.
4. Add that peanut butter to make it extra delicious, and give it some added protein.
5. Mix it up with a spoon just to get everything started.
6. Blend up everything until the curds of the cottage cheese are smooth. This should aerate the ice cream a little bit, and turn it a lighter color.
7. Add your protein powder, and mix it up with a spoon. I chose chocolate protein powder, but I also love cake batter flavor.
8. Re-blend everything to get rid of any extra chunks.
9. Separate into 2 servings.
10. Put it into the freezer for 40 minutes to set.
If you leave the ice cream in the freezer for too long (2+ hours) it will get a pretty icey consistency. You might want to let it thaw out for 10-15 minutes before you eat it, as it doesn’t taste so great. It’s best when it’s still semi-creamy and very cold.
The total recipe makes enough for 2 people, so if you take that into account the macros will be: 316.5 Calories, 19.47g Fat, 7.99g Carbs, and 28.49g Protein.
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup cottage cheese||220||9.68||7.61||0||7.61||25.02|
|1 scoop protein powder||120||2||3||1||2||24|
|2 tablespoons peanut butter||191||16.44||7.14||1.6||5.54||7.11|
|2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||102||10.82||0.82||0||0.82||0.85|
|6 drops Splenda||0||0||0||0||0||0|