With berry season in full force and seeing just about every recipe with some sort of berry included, I thought a keto dessert was in order. Pavlovas to me seemed like the perfect dish for a great crisp and a bright fresh flavor. Not only do they taste great, but all the ingredients come together to balance itself out.
The creamy filling paired with the fluffy, vanilla-infused crust makes for a perfect bite when the burst of the bright raspberry comes through. The richness and acidity balance each other out perfectly to create a dessert worth sharing. It ended up being quite great in macros, too! Feel free to grab a lemon slice and spritz over the top right before serving.
It’s also coming up on our 3rd birthday so we wanted to bring something new and fun to the website. Videos for some of the ketogenic recipes that we do here! Quickly and easily follow along with us as you make the food at home. You can see our new channel here: Ruled.me on YouTube or click the banner above. All of the videos are shot by Laura who does an absolutely amazing job! She’s constantly looking to improve, so you can definitely count on the videos getting better and better 🙂
Check out our latest video which features the very popular recipe here, Nacho Cheese Casserole:
We’ll be updating the channel once a week so make sure you subscribe and share to see more videos coming your way! It’s definitely going to be a lot of fun going forward so I hope you’ll join along for the ride.
I also just wanted to take a second to thank everyone that has been a part of the website and community. There’s been thousands upon thousands of people who have shared the recipes and articles about the website and it means so much.
I really appreciate all the kind comments that everyone leaves and I really appreciate everyone reading the content that I love to write/cook. Keep coming back and showing me that keto will continue to grow – THANK YOU!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Raspberry Pavlovas
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 85 g frozen berries (~½ cup)
- 18 whole fresh raspberries (~½ cup)
- 1-2 whole mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Separate 4 eggs carefully and beat the egg whites until they’re foamy. No egg yolk should be in the bowl!
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a pencil to outline a cup or bowl to guide you when spooning the pavlova mixture. This recipe makes 6 mini pavlovas about 5 inches in diameter.
4. Spoon the pavlova batter so that it’s roughly the size of each circle you’ve drawn. Using the back of a spoon, create a dip/well in the center for the filling later.
5. Bake for an hour. The pavlovas should turn a crisp, golden brown.
6. While the pavlovas are cooling, prepare the creamy filling. Measure out 85 grams of mixed frozen berries. Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries work well to make a beautiful purple color.
7. Blend with a cup of heavy cream for about 3 minutes so the mixture is thick enough to spoon.
8. Spoon some of the frozen berry mixture into each pavlova.
9. Garnish with some fresh raspberries and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 Keto Raspberry Pavlovas. Each pavlova comes out to be 161.5 Calories, 14.39g Fats, 2.93g Net Carbs, and 3.6g Protein.
|Keto Raspberry Pavlovas||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 large (132 g) egg whites||69||0.22||0.96||0||0.96||14.39|
|½ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice||1||0.01||0.35||0||0.35||0.02|
|2 teaspoons xanthan gum||20||0||4.66||4.66||0||0|
|1 cup heavy cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|
|85 g frozen berries (~½ cup)||40||0||10||2.7||7.3||0|
|18 whole fresh raspberries (~½ cup)||18||0.22||4.08||2.2||1.88||0.41|
|1-2 whole mint leaves||0||0||0.03||0||0.03||0.01|