A while back I talked about my love of pimento/sweet cherry peppers. Well, I still love them! I’m beginning to put them on everything and after having a delicious queso dip at a restaurant, I knew I had to recreate it with sweet cherry peppers.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is incredibly easy! There are also many things you can do with it, add it to cauliflower for a low-carb macaroni and cheese, top your broccoli with it, put it on nachos… anything, really!
The only tricky part of this recipe is the thickener. I suggest using xanthan gum. Start by whisking in 1/8th of a teaspoon. You want the dip to coat the back of a spoon, so if it doesn’t add another 1/8th of a teaspoon until it thickens up.
Yields 10 servings of Keto Queso Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 6 whole pimento peppers, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1. In a pot, melt your butter.
2. Add in your onions and sweet peppers, sauteing for 3-5 minutes.
3. When the onions are clear, pour in your cream and stir.
4. Whisk in your xanthan gum. If it doesn’t thicken too much, add in another ⅛ teaspoon.
5. Once your cream is thick and is bubbling, slowly stir in your cheddar cheese – one small handful at a time. Make sure it melts before adding more.
6. Do the same thing with the Gruyere cheese, one small handful at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with veggies, low-carb crackers, or throw on some low-carb nachos.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Keto Queso Dip. Each serving comes out to be 151 Calories, 13.9g Fats, 1.7g Net Carbs, and 5.3g Protein.
|Keto Queso Dip||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|½ small (35 g) onion||14||0.04||3.27||0.6||2.67||0.39|
|6 whole pimento peppers||91||1.19||20.2||7.5||12.7||4.36|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|
|⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum||0||0||0.25||0.25||0||0|
|¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese||342||28.23||2.62||0||2.62||19.38|
|1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese||446||34.93||0.39||0||0.39||32.19|