Most people have a chili recipe that they use weekly and cook in big batches. Well, this one is mine!
It’s tasty, full of flavor, and lasts great in the fridge. Every time I make this I have lunch and dinner done for me for at least a couple of days ahead of time.
You can even freeze it and microwave it if you’re in a pinch for something fast and convenient. I’ve tried a number of low carb chili and this one turned out to be my favorite. Not many use curry powder, but I am a huge fan of it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 can 365 Organic Petite Diced Tomatoes with Jalapeno & Cilantro, (10-ounce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*You can use another brand, but this one is only 5 net carbs for the whole can.
1. Grab a big pan and set to medium-high heat. Add the butter and coconut oil, and let it melt.
2. In the pan, add the onion, peppers, and minced garlic. Let them saute down, stirring often.
3. Grab a pot, set to medium heat, and add the hot sausage and ground beef.
4. Cook this until browned, adding salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic to the pot with the ground beef and sausage.
8. Add canned tomato, onion powder, and chili powder.
9. Let this cook for 20 minutes.
10. Add curry powder and cumin, and let cook for another 10 minutes stirring often.
11. Let simmer for 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how thick you want it to be.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Beanless Low Carb Chili Con Carne. Each serving comes out to be 613.6 Calories, 32.96g Fats, 7.51g Net Carbs, and 52.75g Protein.
|Beanless Low Carb Chili Con Carne||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 pound ground beef||975||68||0||0||0||84.27|
|1 pound hot Italian sausage||1564||64.41||2.94||0||2.94||141.61|
|1 medium (119 g) green pepper||24||0.2||5.52||2||3.52||1.41|
|1 medium (111 g) yellow pepper||30||0.23||7.05||1||6.05||1.86|
|1 medium (110 g) white onion||44||0.11||10.27||1.9||8.37||0.11|
|10-ounce can diced tomatoes with jalapeno||50||0||10||5||5||2.5|
|2 tablespoons curry powder||41||1.77||7.03||6.7||0.33||1.8|
|2 tablespoons chili powder||45||2.28||7.95||5.6||2.35||2.15|
|2 tablespoons cumin||45||2.67||5.31||1.3||4.01||2.14|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic||13||0.04||2.78||0.2||2.58||0.53|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil||121||13.47||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|1 teaspoon onion powder||8||0.02||1.9||0.4||1.5||25|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|