Pumpkin Cake is one of the most popular desserts in America. The cake is moist and spiced with pumpkin pie spice. The rich pumpkin flavor adds a moist and chewy texture to the cake.
The cake is usually made with eggs, sugar, baking powder, almond flour, and butter, but this recipe excludes sugar. This one’s filled with light pumpkin pie spice creme in between each layer.
The pumpkin cake can be made based on a pumpkin pie recipe, but here the pumpkin flavor is subtle. We recommend using a glass or ceramic baking dish for this cake; you’ll be cutting the pieces right out of the pan and you don’t want to scratch your non-stick bakeware. You can make several types of pumpkin cake, such as bundt or round cakes.
Beat eight ounces of cream cheese with 3/4 cup of unsalted butter until the mixture comes together. Then add the powdered sweetener. The final product should be thick and spreadable. Use a large spoon to dollop on the cake batter, spreading it thinly and evenly across the pan. Next sprinkle on chopped pecans and use a knife to swirl everything together. Finally, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
You can bake it for 40 to 45 minutes or if you like it moist, until the cake is clearly set but still somewhat soft and jiggly when gently shaken. Remember to take the cake from the pan and allow it to cool fully before storing it. We recommend storing the cake in the refrigerator. To serve, cut the cake into pieces using a sharp knife.
Yields 20 servings of Keto Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- 2 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup allulose
- 1/4 cup unflavored low-carb protein powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted + divided
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered allulose
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Grease a baking pan with butter.
3. In a bowl, combine almond flour, allulose, protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk to combine well.
4. Add in the pumpkin puree, half of the melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg.
5. Stir to combine well and evenly.
6. Pour the mixture evenly into the greased baking dish. Spread it out with a spatula to get it smooth.
7. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the rest of the melted butter and the powdered allulose.
8. Beat with a mixer until well combined.
9. Spread this over the smoothed out mixture that’s already in the baking dish.
10. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the center is slightly jiggly whilst the outer edge is thoroughly cooked.
11. Let the cake cool completely and then add the chopped pecans to the top of the cake.
12. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 20 servings of Keto Pumpkin Earthquake Cake. Each serving comes out to be 220 calories, 20g fat, 2.5g net carbs, and 5.8g protein.
|2.33 cup almond flour||1511||130.5||57.4||33.9||23.5||54.8|
|0.66 cup allulose||60||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup unflavored low-carb protein powder||85||0.4||1.5||0.8||0.8||18.9|
|2.00 teaspoon baking powder||5||0||2.6||0||2.5||0|
|2.00 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice||12||0.5||3||0.5||1.9||0.2|
|0.25 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 large egg||236||15.7||1.2||0||1.2||20.7|
|0.66 cup pumpkin puree||55||0.5||13.1||4.7||8.4||1.8|
|0.75 cup unsalted butter||1221||138||0.2||0.0||0.2||1.4|
|0.50 teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|8.00 ounce cream cheese||776||77.1||9.3||0||9.3||14|
|0.75 cup allulose||68||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup pecans||359||37.4||7.2||5||2.2||4.8|
|Per Serving (/20)||220||20||4.8||2.2||2.5||5.8|