Who doesn’t love ice cream? True, there are a number of keto friendly frozen treats that are now available at the grocery store, but this recipe is too simple and too delicious to pass up.
In lieu of sugar, I used allulose. I like it because it has zero GI and zero aftertaste. You may also use erythritol. If you want it sweeter, I suggest adding about 8-10 drops of liquid stevia. I didn’t find it necessary, to be honest. Fromage blanc is the French yogurt – it is a type of soft cheese made from cow’s milk with a creamy sour taste. I use it because I love it but, in a bind, you can use Greek yogurt. Mascarpone is another substitute option.
I promise you, it’s so good! It’s bright and creamy and just plain tasty. I find myself grabbing a spoonful or two much more than I’d like to admit. Thankfully, guilt-free!
Yields 16 (1/2-cup) servings of Keto Raspberry Ice Cream
- 680 g (24 oz) raspberries, frozen
- 150 g (5 oz) allulose*
- 50 g (2 oz) fromage blanc **
- 225 g (8 oz) heavy whipping cream
*If substituting erythritol, use about 200 g (7 oz)
**Available online. May substitute with Greek yogurt or mascarpone.
1. Place frozen raspberries in a bowl. Leave to thaw at room temperature about 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix to combine the fromage blanc and heavy whipping cream. Refrigerate.
3. When the raspberries have thawed and softened, place in a blender and puree. Pass through a fine-meshed strainer and discard seeds.
4. Stir in allulose. Mix until dissolved.
5. Pour raspberry mixture onto the cream mixture. Mix until homogeneous. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Using an ice cream maker, churn per manufacturers instructions.
This makes 16 (1/2 cup) servings of Raspberry Ice Cream. Each serving comes out to be 73.16 Calories, 5.42g Fats, 4.04g Net Carbs, and 1.12g Protein.
|Raspberry Ice Cream||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|680 g (24 oz) frozen raspberries||381||5.51||85.34||29.2||56.14||7.82|
|150 g (5 oz) allulose||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|50 g (2 oz) fromage blanc||24.5||0.01||2.25||0||2.25||3.75|
|225 g (8 oz) heavy whipping cream||765||81.18||6.39||0||6.39||6.39|