Pigs in a Blanket were a staple in my household when I was growing up. If we held any get togethers for soccer games, we’d always have Pigs in a Blanket to serve to our guests. There’s not too much I remember from when I was a kid, but these appetizers are definitely one memory I have.
The sausage should be easily picked up in your local grocer. They have cocktail sausages, vienna sausages, or hotdogs you can cut up in place of regular Lit’l Smokies. Pick your favorite and use that. These will make perfect appetizers for the Super Bowl that is coming up in just a few days!
These actually taste like an all-time favorite of mine while I was living in England. Sausage rolls from the local pastie maker was something I’d always look forward to on the weekend. The only difference is that they’re miniature versions. Definitely a treat you don’t want to pass up on!
Yields 37 Keto Pigs in a Blanket
- 37 Lit’l Smokies
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1.5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Measure out the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients.
2. Start by melting the cheddar cheese in the microwave. Go in 20 second intervals and stir to make sure the melting is even. once it’s fully melted and slightly bubbling on the outside, it is ready.
3. While the cheddar is still hot, mix together all of the ingredients to make the dough.
4. Spread the dough out on a silpat until it fills the entire sheet. Make sure it is even.
5. Place dough in the fridge to harden up for 15-20 minutes. Pre-heat your oven to 400F while you do this.
6. Once the dough is cold, transfer to foil to cut. You should never use knives on your silpat.
7. Slice the dough into strips and wrap around the Lit’l Smokies. Then bake for 13-15 minutes. Before taking them out, you can additionally broil them for 1-2 minutes.
8. Serve while warm. A sauce that is acidic and slightly sweet would work very well.
This makes 37 total Keto Pigs in a Blanket. Each Pig in a Blanket comes out to be 72.59 Calories, 5.89g Fats, 0.73g Net Carbs, and 3.72g Protein.
|Keto Pigs in a Blanket||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|37 Lit’l Smokies||1036||81||7||0||7||59|
|8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese||916||75.55||7.01||0||7.01||51.57|
|¾ cup almond flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder||30||0||8||7||1||0|
|1.5 ounces cream cheese||149||14.65||2.35||0||2.35||2.62|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|½ teaspoon pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|