I enjoy a good salad, but sometimes I don’t feel like having lettuce, spinach, or a spring mix as the base. I like the crunch of lettuce and the taste of spinach, but I wanted to try something new. Brussels sprouts turn out to be the perfect base for this salad. Yes, you can eat Brussels sprouts raw and they taste very good this way!
On top of this salad is a delicious pecan and seed medley. The pecans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds are fried in a spicy and tangy chili paste alongside cumin with a dash of salt. The lemon dressing marinates the Brussels sprouts to soften them up, and then is topped with the pecan and seed mix to give a crunchy and flavorful lunch or side!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Crispy Brussel Sprout Salad
For Brussel Sprout Salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 ounce pecans
- 1 ounce pumpkin seeds
- 1 ounce sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 16 ounce brussel sprouts
For Lemon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. In a frying pan on low to medium heat, heat up the olive oil and the chili paste.
3. Add the pecans to the hot frying pan and stir well.
4. Stir in the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Season with cumin and salt. Saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pecans and seeds are lightly roasted and smells aromatic.
5. Rinse the Brussels sprouts and shave them by cutting them into thin slices with a sharp knife. Place them in a bowl.
6. Make the lemon dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this over the brussel sprouts in the bowl and let this marinate for 10 minutes.
7. Prior to serving, add in the pecan and seed mixture and toss to combine.
8. Top off with additional salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Crispy Brussel Sprout Salad. Each serving comes out to be 485 calories, 46.2g fat, 10.1g net carbs, and 7.2g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon chili paste||1||0||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|2.00 ounce pecans||392||40.8||7.9||5.4||2.4||5.2|
|1.00 ounce pumpkin seeds||126||5.5||15.2||5.2||10||5.3|
|1.00 ounce sunflower seeds||155||14.2||4.3||2.6||1.7||5.4|
|0.50 teaspoon cumin||4||0.2||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.2|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce brussels sprouts||163||2.3||32.2||11.8||20.4||11.8|
|0.50 cup olive oil||955||108||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||485||46.2||17||6.9||10.1||7.2|