Are you craving something cheesy and savory without any of the guilt after eating? This low-carb one-pan pizza zoodle dish is sure to satisfy your cravings while packing a nutritional punch.
Zucchini noodles, or zoodles, as they’re more commonly known, are a keto staple and for a good reason. Zoodles works well as a noodle and carbohydrate replacement and complement well with tomato-based sauces. Zucchini is a vegetable known for its indistinct taste and light texture while also being high in fiber and water content.
Getting enough fiber in your diet is essential for healthy skin and digestion. Sometimes, including veggies in your dish is unpleasant due to their bland taste. However, this dish is so delicious and fun that you won’t even notice the high fiber content. Yes, this recipe is kid-friendly!
The zoodles are topped with traditional pizza toppings like tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and basil. Mozzarella cheese is a favorite for this recipe as it tastes fantastic with tomato and basil while being super stretchy; however, feel free to add in any type of cheese you would like.
Besides adding that creamy, cheesy taste we all know and love, cheese is also high in calcium and good fats to keep our bones and teeth healthy while being lower in carbs.
Don’t forget to sprinkle on more cheese and some fresh basil before serving. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
Yields 3 servings of Keto One Pan Pizza Zoodles
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Rao’s low carb tomato sauce
- 4 ounce pepperoni, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 4 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Put zucchini into a container with paper towels above and below the zucchini. Put something heavy over the top of the paper towels. Let sit for 60 minutes.
3. Sautee zucchini over medium heat in half of the olive oil, then drain excess water. Pat dry.
4. Sautee again in the rest of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the tomato sauce and freshly chopped basil. Stir well.
6. Add in a quarter of the pepperoni slices.
7. Add in a quarter of the mozzarella cheese. Cook until the cheese starts to melt.
8. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Cover with lid until the cheese is melted.
9. Sprinkle with extra basil if desired. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto One Pan Pizza Zoodles. Each serving comes out to be 464 calories, 39.9g fat, 7.2g net carbs, and 18.3g protein.
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||1.6||11.7||4.3||7.3||5|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup low-carb tomato sauce||59||0.5||14.2||3.7||10.5||3.2|
|4.00 ounce pepperoni||572||53||1||0.0||1.3||21.8|
|1.00 cup shredded mozzarella||336||24.6||2.5||0||2.5||24.6|
|4.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.2|
|Per Serving (/3)||464||39.9||9.9||2.7||7.2||18.3|