So I know many of you look for quick and easy recipes like I do. Lately I’ve been trying to put together a list of my craving busting recipes to make it easier for anyone transitioning into a keto diet. Here’s another super fast microwavable brownie that’s great for any snack or dessert, just in case the chocolate craving hits you and you don’t know what to do!
I’ve had my days of eating protein powder brownies and tested out quite a few other recipes – ending up with some rubbery or extremely dry brownie. It’s never that great, but it gets the job done. When I came across this recipe, I knew it was a winner. It’s really given me new hope for easy microwavable sweets that pack a good amount of nutrients and fat in them. Call if a fat bomb if you will, but any solid keto diet plan needs a way to up your fat intake if your daily limit is too low.
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops liquid Sucralose or Stevia
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt*
*You don’t need this if you used salted almond butter.
How Can This Get Even Better?
- Almonds or Pecans (My sweet favorite)
- Orange or Lemon extract
- Da Vinci Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- Da Vinci Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
1. Get a microwave-safe cup or container.
2. In a small bowl, add the egg whites and beat them until they are airrated (nice and frothy).
3. Put all ingredients into the cup and mix them together well with a fork.
4. Stick the cup in the microwave for 40 seconds, but this one is an experiment (all microwaves are not created equal).
5. If you want a more “molten brownie” consistency, shave 10 seconds off.
6. Remove from microwave and top it with whatever you’d like. I chose some Da Vinci Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup.
7. Nom nom!
This makes a total of 1 servings of Extremely Simple Keto Microwave Brownies. Each serving comes out to be 112.5 Calories, 9.15g Fats, 2.56g Net Carbs, and 5.5g Protein.
|Extremely Simple Keto Microwave Brownies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon creamy almond butter||98||8.88||3.01||1.6||1.41||3.35|
|1 tablespoon egg white||8.5||0.03||0.12||0||0.12||1.8|
|1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder||4||0.24||1.03||0.7||0.33||0.35|
|1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract||2||0||0.7||0||0.7||0|
|3 drops liquid Sucralose or Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Pinch of baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|