These mini lemon cookie tarts prove that there is nothing better than a bite-sized sweet treat as an afternoon pick-me-up.
Sweet and crunchy, with a tang from the citrus, these mini treats combine elements of both cookies and tarts to make the perfect snack that will satisfy your sweet cravings without your low-carb lifestyle. As an added bonus, while these treats are technically tarts, they require almost none of the work a traditional tart needs, making it an easy recipe for all levels of bakers.
The base is a “cookie cup,” providing a crunchy vanilla and lemon foundation. Press the mixture into mini muffin cups and bake until golden and crispy, allowing for these to be bite-sized treats. Adding the lemon to the base of the tart brings out an intense citrus flavor that compliments the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Often, keto recipes will call for coconut sugar as a sweetener, however, we have opted to use allulose instead. Allulose is a sugar that is commonly found in figs and raisins. It provides a wonderful sweetness to this recipe and allows those who follow a ketogenic diet to still be able to eat these mini tarts, as it keeps the recipe low-carb.
Then beat the Coconut milk and vanilla together to create a delicious coconut cream. To complete the tarts just pipe the cream into the cookie bases .
You’ll find these tarts to be very addictive and so delicious. It’s likely that the whole batch will quickly disappear!
Yields 24 servings of Keto Lemon Mini Muffins
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup allulose
- 2 medium lemon, zested
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 ounce canned coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Grease a muffin pan and preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, combine almond flour, allulose, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk to combine well.
3. Add in the lemon zest, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine well.
4. Distribute the mixture between the muffin pan inserts. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
5. Make a small indentation in all of the muffins by using an object such as the handle of a spatula.
6. In a bowl with a mixer, combine coconut milk and vanilla extract. Beat until combined well. Put the mixture into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the bottom corner.
7. Once the muffins have cooled, pipe the frosting into the indentation and on top of the muffins.
8. Top the muffins with the shredded coconut.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 24 servings of Keto Lemon Mini Muffins. Each serving comes out to be 111 calories, 10.5g fat, 1.8g net carbs, and 2.4g protein.
|2.00 cup almond flour||1297||112||49.3||29.1||20.2||47|
|0.25 cup allulose||23||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 medium lemon||49||0.5||15.7||4.7||11||1.9|
|0.25 teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.13 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup coconut oil||486||54||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|13.00 ounce canned coconut milk||726||78.6||10.4||0||10.4||7.4|
|0.50 teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|2.00 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut||70||6.9||2.6||1.7||0.9||0.7|
|Per serving (/24)||111||10.5||3.3||1.5||1.8||2.4|