Summer is such a treat on keto as the berries are in season and there’s so many things to make with them! The weather this year has made the harvests bountiful and they’ve been popping up at just about every farmers market we’ve been to. Since summer’s coming to a close, we thought that picking up some strawberries would be a great idea before they’re out of season!
The keto cloud bread does perfect with this easy shortcake recipe. Instead of using the traditional biscuit or croissant pre-made dough to make the shortcake portion, these light and fluffy cakes are a great complement with the acidic strawberries and rich whipped cream. They are so light and fluffy, it’s almost having a keto angel food cake sandwiching the delicious filling.
Yields 5 Keto Strawberry Shortcakes
Keto Puff Cakes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 10 medium strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Start the beat the egg whites until they are fluffy.
2. In the container with the yolks, add cream cheese, vanilla, baking powder, and erythritol and beat until smooth.
3. Fold egg whites slowly into the egg yolk mixture. Add about 1/3 the egg white mixture and aggressively fold in, then add the rest a little bit at a time to fold in gently.
5. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes. This should make 10 puff cakes in total (2 puff cakes per strawberry shortcake).
6. Once done, whip some heavy cream up and slice some strawberries.
7. Assemble the strawberry shortcakes with 2 strawberries and a dollop of heavy cream.
This makes a total of 5 Keto Strawberry Shortcakes. Per shortcake, it comes out to be 273.2 Calories, 25.96g Fats, 3.94g Net Carbs, and 6.64g Protein.
|Keto Strawberry Shortcakes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|3 ounces cream cheese||298||29.29||4.69||0||4.69||5.23|
|¼ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.32||0||0.32||0|
|½ teaspoon vanilla||6||0||0.27||0||0.27||0|
|2 tablespoons erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10 medium (120 g) strawberries||38||0.36||9.22||2.4||6.82||2.39|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|