These lemon donut holes are taking the cake at being my favorite keto dessert! These donut holes are simple to make and taste oh so delicious for a sweet treat! I love that they are portable so I am able to grab a few as I run out the door!
The secret to this recipe is how to get these donuts to taste so lemony! You might be thinking the zest of the lemon or the juice of the lemon! In other cases, you would be right. Not this one, though. The whole lemon is blended up with the other tasty ingredients, yes the rind and all. The donut holes are then baked to perfection and dipped in a lemon glaze for a flavor blasted breakfast!
Yields 10 servings of Keto Lemon Donut Holes
For Donut Holes:
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon stevia/erythritol blend
- Pinch of salt
For Lemon Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons powdered stevia/erythritol blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, as needed
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the lemon into small wedges and remove the seeds.
4. Place the lemon wedges, avocado oil, water, and vanilla extract into a blender. Blend on medium until smooth, then remove any small pieces that will not blend.
5. Add the almond flour, stevia/erythritol blend, and salt. Continue to blend until thickened and dough forms.
6. With a cookie scooper or dinner spoon, form balls and roll until smooth with your hands. Place these on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. In a bowl, make the glaze by adding powdered stevia/erythritol blend and lemon juice. Add the lemon juice a little bit at a time, stirring together until a smooth glaze forms. Optionally, add yellow food coloring to the glaze.
8. Once the donuts come out of the oven, let them cool.
9. Dip the donut holes into the lemon glaze. You may serve right away!
This makes a total of 10 servings of Keto Lemon Donut Holes. Each serving comes out to be 91 calories, 8.3g fat, 1.4g net carbs, and 2.4g protein.
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon avocado oil||241||27.3||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|1.00 cup almond flour||648||56||24.6||14.6||10.1||23.5|
|3.00 tablespoon stevia/erythritol blend||7||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 tablespoon powdered stevia/erythritol blend||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon lemon juice||2||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|Per Serving (/10)||91.8||8.3||2.9||1.6||1.4||2.4|