This chicken is marinated with lemon, oil, and a bunch of tasty and dried herbs. It is then baked and served with a creamy cauliflower mash. I miss mash potatoes on the keto diet, but whenever I feel in the mood for them, I will whip this cauliflower mash up all by itself and it always cures those cravings.
This dish will take a bit longer to bake, since the chicken is marinated. For dinner, marinate the chicken right when you get home from work so it is ready to be put in the oven by dinner time.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Lemon Chicken
- 32 ounce bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Cauliflower Mash:
- 16 ounce cauliflower
- 3 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice + zest
1. Measure out and prepare all ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix together well.
3. Add the chicken thighs into the bowl and coat them fully with the marinade.
4. Cover and put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, rotating the chicken thighs every hour if possible.
5. Preheat the oven to 400F when the chicken has almost finished marinating. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade bowl and place the chicken on the parchment paper.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F and skin is golden brown in color.
8. Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
9. Boil a pot of water with a dash of salt. Add the cauliflower and boil it for a few minutes – the cauliflower should be cooked, yet firm. Strain the cauliflower and discard the water.
10. Put the cooked cauliflower in a food processor with parmesan cheese, melted butter, and the juice and zest from the lemon. Pulse until the consistency is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Plate the cauliflower mash with the chicken on top and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve with a lemon and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Lemon Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 683 calories, 62.6g fat, 3.9g net carbs, and 26.3g protein.
|32.00 ounce bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs||2268||202.5||0.00||0.00||0.00||113.40|
|4.00 tablespoon olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 tablespoon lemon juice||10||0.1||3.4||0.4||3||0.3|
|3.00 tablespoon fresh oregano||33||0.5||8.7||5.4||3.3||1.1|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh thyme||2||0||0.4||0.2||0.2||0.1|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce cauliflower||104||2.3||18.6||10.4||8.2||8.2|
|3.00 ounce grated parmesan cheese||367||24.3||3.5||0||3.5||32.7|
|8.00 tablespoon unsalted butter||814||91.9||0.1||0||0.1||0.9|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|Per Serving (/6)||683.3||62.6||6.9||3.0||3.9||26.3|