One of the main things people miss when going on a keto diet is sandwiches. But the good news is that there are alternative ways to have a tasty and carb-free sandwich. This keto “eggwiches” recipe is one of the best you’ll find!
The “bread” for this sandwich is made from egg and spinach, which is mixed together and then fried like small omelets. Not only do egg and spinach taste great, they are also two of the most nutrient-rich foods you can eat.
The eggwiches are then filled with breakfast sausage, bacon, cheese, and if you like, some extra greens. The end result is a protein-packed meal to give you a great start to your day.
One of the good things about this recipe is that you can swap out pretty much any of the fillings for other ones you have in the fridge, or you prefer. For example, you can use any type of sausage or meat fillings and add any other vegetables like tomatoes and avocados.
Regardless of what you put into your eggwiches, it’s a great keto-friendly dish to make for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack to get you through the day. Go and give this tasty recipe a try today—we’re sure you’re going to love it!
Yields 3 servings of Keto Eggwiches
- 6 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounce breakfast sausage, cooked
- 3 ounce cheddar cheese, sliced
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, chopped bacon, chopped spinach, salt, and pepper. Mix together until everything is combined well.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add oil and an egg ring. This will help to create a perfect circle.
4. Add the mixture into the egg ring until it gets full. Let this cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Remove the egg ring and flip. Let the other side cook for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat this until all of the egg mixture is gone.
6. On top of an egg circle, add the cooked breakfast sausage and a slice of cheese. Top with another egg circle.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Eggwiches. Each serving comes out to be 547 calories, 42.7g fat, 2.9g net carbs, and 36.2g protein.
|6.00 large egg||472||31.4||2.4||0||2.4||41.5|
|1.00 tablespoon heavy cream||51||5.4||0.4||0||0.4||0.4|
|4.00 slice cooked bacon||307||24.2||0.8||0||0.8||20|
|1.00 cup spinach||7||0||1.1||0.7||0.4||0.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|5.00 ounce breakfast sausage||461||38.6||2||0||2||26.3|
|3.00 ounce cheddar cheese||344||28.3||2.6||0||2.6||19.5|
|Per Serving (/3)||547||42.7||3.1||0.2||2.9||36.2|