This simple-yet-delicious breakfast dish mixes the creamy tang of Greek yogurt with the savory goodness of soft boiled eggs, dressed lavishly in Turkish spices. Take a break from your standard keto recipes with this exotic treat, packed full of nutrients and protein for the perfect healthy kick-start to your day. Pair with keto-friendly bread or flatbread to make this tasty meal extra savory and filling.
Greek yogurt is an excellent choice as the foundation for any breakfast meal, being rich in protein as well as many essential minerals and vitamins. It has a thick, creamy texture and a fresh sour tang, which pairs beautifully with flavorsome tahini (Middle Eastern sesame butter).
Next up is the star of this show: creamy soft-boiled eggs. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients and contains a wide range of minerals, vitamins, and healthy fats. A single egg contains only 75 calories and 7 grams of high-quality protein, making it one of your best choices for a filling and healthy meal.
To finish off this already flavorsome dish, you’ll pour over the top a delicious spiced garlic butter mix, tying together creamy and tangy with savory and sweet. The rest is up to you: sesame seeds, sumac, pepper, capers, or any herb of your choice will work wonderfully sprinkled across the top. If you’re getting closer to lunchtime, dip in some keto-friendly bread or homemade keto-flat bread to make the meal that much more filling and tasty.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Turkish Soft Boiled Eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 large egg
- 28 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, drizzled over top
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt with tahini.
3. With a mortar and pestle, grind the fresh garlic. Add the melted butter, turmeric, and paprika. Mix together well.
4. Soft boil the eggs. Alternatively, you could poach them. Peel them right away.
5. Serve the soft boiled eggs over the yogurt and tahini mixture. Top with the garlic mixture.
6. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Turkish Soft Boiled Eggs. Each serving comes out to be 453 calories, 37g fat, 6.3g net carbs, and 23.3g protein.
|0.75 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt||162||8.5||5.1||0||5.1||15.3|
|1.00 tablespoon tahini||89||8||3.3||0.7||2.6||2.6|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|28.00 gram butter||201||22.7||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon turmeric powder||10||0.1||2.1||0.7||1.4||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon paprika||3||0.2||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.2|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||453||37||7.3||1||6.3||23.3|