This keto-friendly Denver omelet recipe takes a classic and well-loved breakfast meal and tweaks it to make it even tastier. Smooth, fluffy eggs are paired with the delicious goodness of heavy whipping cream and shredded cheese, packed with onions, bell pepper, and smoked ham for an omelet that’s bursting with nutrition and flavor. Serve up at breakfast, brunch, or lunch for a filling meal guaranteed to satisfy the taste buds.
As with many keto-friendly recipes, the egg forms the foundation of this savory dish. A staple in many diets, egg is rich in protein, healthy fats, iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids, while being comparatively low in calories. They’re also packed with disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin—all qualities which make them the ideal breakfast base.
We recommend dicing up some onions, bell pepper, and smoked ham for your omelet, but the beauty of this breakfast type is that it’s super customizable: substitute out, add, or remove ingredients to suit your tastes and your dietary restrictions—the result will still be delicious!
The Denver omelet also makes for excellent reheats and next-day lunches. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper, drizzle with a sauce of your preference, and add some fruit or extra protein on the side to really fill the meal out. If you’re wanting to turn this into a multi-person meal, why not multiply the ingredients and convert it into a casserole? The possibilities are endless with this delicious and nutritious, classic meal.
Yields 1 serving of Keto Denver Omelet
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 ounce deli-sliced black forest ham, diced
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy whipping cream until fluffy.
2. Season with salt and pepper and add in half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced ham, onion, and pepper. Let cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Add the cheesy egg mixture into the frying pan. Let cook until it is almost firm.
5. Lower the heat to low and add the rest of the cheese in.
6. Fold the omelet in half.
7. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Denver Omelet. Each serving comes out to be 503 calories, 39g fat, 6.1g net carbs, and 31.9g protein.
|2.00 large egg||157||10.5||0.8||0||0.8||13.8|
|1.00 tablespoon heavy whipping cream||51||5.4||0.4||0||0.4||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 ounce cheddar cheese||115||9.4||0.9||0||1||6.5|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|0.25 medium yellow onion||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|0.25 medium green bell pepper||6||0.1||1.3||0.5||0.9||0.3|
|2.00 ounce deli-sliced black forest ham||63||2.1||1.1||0||1.1||11|
|Per Serving (/1)||503||39||6.9||0.8||6.1||31.9|