One of my favorite ways to cook eggs is sunny side up so in this recipe I whipped up my favorite eggs on top of some chaffles to create this keto croque madame!
This tastes so good by itself, but I’ve added a bechemel sauce to really complete this breakfast!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Croque Madame
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slice deli-sliced black forest ham
- 2/3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
1. Measure out and prepare the ingredients. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a bowl, make the chaffles by whisking together the eggs and grated cheese.
3. Using a small waffle iron that is greased, make the chaffles.
4. On a parchment lined baking sheet, add the chaffles, topped with the deli sliced ham, and the shredded gruyere cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. While the chaffles are in the oven, fry up the eggs in a frying pan with butter. Then top the baked chaffle with the fried eggs.
6. In a saucepan on medium heat, make the bechemel sauce by adding the heavy cream. Slowly add in the parmesan cheese and gruyere cheese a small handful at a time and wait until it is melted before adding in more.
7. Drizzle the bechemel sauce on top of the chaffles, serve with a small side salad and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Croque Madame. Each serving comes out to be 566 calories, 46.7g fat, 3.1g net carbs, and 33.2g protein.
|2.00 large egg||157||10.5||0.8||0||0.8||13.8|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|4.00 slice deli-sliced black forest ham||89||3||1.5||0||1.5||14.8|
|0.66 cup gruyere cheese||327||25.6||0.3||0||0.3||23.6|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||43||3.2||0.0||3||3.3|
|0.25 cup parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|0.33 cup gruyere cheese||164||12.8||0.1||0||0.1||11.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||566||46.7||3.1||0||3.1||33.2|