This creamy Cajun chicken dish is rich and full of flavor. Served over low-carb cauliflower rice it’s simple to make and is great for busy weeknight dinners when you need to whip up something quick.
All you need to make this scrumptious dish is some chicken thighs, cauliflower to turn into rice, tin tomatoes, an onion, and a bunch of common herbs and spices. If you’re missing any of these herbs and spices, you can always add something else or leave it out entirely. The same goes for chicken thighs—breasts can be used instead.
Making this dish involves a few simple steps. You start by making the cauliflower rice in a blender (unless you have ready-made cauliflower rice). Once the rice is sorted, cook up the chicken in a skillet before adding the cream to make a thick and smooth sauce. If you don’t have any dairy cream or if you’re dairy-free, you can always use coconut cream instead. Once the chicken mixture is cooked, serve it with the rice in a bowl. Don’t forget to sprinkle some fresh herbs on top!
This dish will give you lots of important nutrients and is sure to satisfy even the most demanding appetite. It’s also a great dish to reheat the next day for lunch. If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy chicken recipe with a little bit of spice, give this one a go.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken
- 20 ounce cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 20 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. In a food processor, rice the cauliflower.
3. On a cutting board, dice the onion.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in the olive oil and diced onion. Sautee for 3 – 4 minutes.
5. Add in the diced chicken pieces. Cook this until all of the pieces are brown (about 6 – 9 minutes.)
6. Add in the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Add in the canned diced tomatoes. Let this cook for about 6 – 9 minutes covered.
7. Stir in the heavy whipping cream. Let cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken becomes thick.
8. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and the riced cauliflower. Cook for about 5 – 8 minutes. Stir in fresh parsley and salt.
9. Serve the cauliflower rice under the creamy cajun chicken. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 578 calories, 48.7g fat, 6.9g net carbs, and 29.2g protein.
|20.00 ounce cauliflower||130||2.8||23.3||13||10.2||10.2|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|0.25 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|20.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||811||51||0.0||0.0||0.0||96.2|
|2.00 teaspoon paprika||13||0.6||2.5||1.6||0.9||0.7|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon dried oregano||2||0||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon dried thyme||2||0||0.4||0.2||0.2||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|200.00 gram canned diced tomatoes||32||0.5||6.9||3.8||3.1||1.6|
|1.00 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.9||6.5||0||6.5||6.8|
|1.00 teaspoon sea salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||578||48.7||12||5.1||6.9||29.2|