Check out this delicious and nutritious beef and cauliflower rice casserole recipe. It’s a comforting classic that we’ve packed with even more goodness.
Beef is a classic keto staple and for a good reason. Beef is high in protein, and because it is classified as red meat, it contains good levels of iron in the heme form, meaning it is easily absorbed into the body. Iron is an essential mineral as it helps carry oxygen from the lungs to the whole body, including our muscles, to help them grow and remain strong.
This recipe calls for ground beef. To increase the health benefits, choose grass-fed beef, which is widely considered to contain more healthy nutrients.
Add in some creamy goodness with generous amounts of cream cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella. Apart from tasting delicious, cheese is low in carbs and contains good amounts of fat, protein, and calcium. Feel free to substitute in whatever cheese you want; however, note that this may alter the nutritional profile of the dish if you are strictly counting macros.
Cauliflower has a subtle flavor, making it an excellent carbohydrate substitute for this casserole. It’s also jam-packed with fiber and water, making it a good veggie option for healthy digestion. Increasing your intake of fiber-rich foods has also been linked with weight loss, lowered cholesterol levels, and can even help you live longer.
Don’t forget to top with fresh parsley before serving!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Beef & Rice Casserole
- 16 ounce ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 10 ounce cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Rinse and put the cauliflower in a food processor to rice it.
2. Add butter and ground beef to a frying pan. Fry over medium to high heat until the beef starts to brown.
3. Add the minced onion to the frying pan with the beef and stir to combine.
4. Add the cream cheese to the pan with the beef broth, heavy whipping cream, garlic powder, and tomato paste.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, add the riced cauliflower with some water. Put in the microwave for 5 minutes, this steams the cauliflower. Watch and add more water as needed.
6. Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and stir to combine well.
7. Let this cook for 6 – 8 minutes on low to medium heat while all the juices get absorbed by the beef.
8. Add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with a lid and let cook until the cheese has melted.
9. Serve immediately with parsley and crushed red pepper flakes.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Beef & Rice Casserole . Each serving comes out to be 629 calories, 52.4g fat, 6.8g net carbs, and 31.1g protein.
|16.00 ounce ground beef||1152||90.7||0||0||0||77.9|
|1.00 medium onion||38||0.1||8.8||1.6||7.2||1.3|
|3.00 ounce cream cheese||291||28.9||3.5||0||3.5||5.2|
|0.50 cup beef broth||20||0.6||0||0||0||3.3|
|0.50 cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.9||3.3||0||3.3||3.4|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|1.00 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|1.00 tablespoon tomato paste||13||0.1||3.1||0.7||2.4||0.7|
|10.00 ounce cauliflower||65||1.4||11.6||6.5||5.1||5.1|
|0.50 cup cheddar cheese||247||20.4||1.9||0||1.9||14|
|0.50 cup mozzarella cheese||168||12.5||1.2||0||1.2||12.4|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|0.50 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|Per Serving (/4)||629||52.4||9.2||2.4||6.8||31.1|