The easiest way to get dinner on the table is to throw everything into your slow cooker and forget about it for a few hours. That’s the basis of this herb chicken and mushroom stew recipe. It’s minimal work but big on convenience and flavors.
I used white button mushrooms because you can get large quantities of them for cheaper. You could also use cremini or baby bella mushrooms if you prefer.
Yields 5 (1-cup) servings of Herb Chicken and Mushroom Stew
- 24 ounces whole white button mushrooms
- 1 pound raw chicken tenders
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Wash all of the mushrooms. I like to take the stems off of the larger ones, but I also include them. Cut all of the chicken tenders into bite size pieces.
2. Place the mushrooms into the slow cooker.
3. Add the chicken, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, bay leaves, and chicken broth. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on the low setting.
4. Mix in the two tablespoons of butter, and heavy whipping cream. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
5. Serve with crumbled bacon and parsley.
This makes a total of 5 (1-cup) servings of Herb Chicken and Mushroom Stew. Each serving comes out to be 297.2 Calories, 17.5g Fats, 4.42g Net Carbs, and 29.99g Protein.
|Herb Chicken and Mushroom Stew||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|24 oz. whole white button mushrooms||150||2.31||22.17||6.8||15.37||21.01|
|1 pound raw chicken tenders||544||11.88||0||0||0||102|
|3 cloves garlic||13||0.04||2.98||0.2||2.78||0.57|
|½ teaspoon (0.35 g) dried basil leaves||1||0.01||0.17||0.1||0.07||0.08|
|½ teaspoon (0.5 g) dried oregano||1||0.02||0.34||0.2||0.14||0.04|
|¼ teaspoon (0.25 g) dried thyme||1||0.02||0.16||0.1||0.06||0.02|
|1 cup chicken broth||10||0.55||0.72||0||0.72||0.67|
|2 tablespoons (28.4 g) butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|¼ cup heavy whipping cream||202||21.47||1.63||0||1.63||1.69|
|8 slices (64.8 g) bacon, cooked and chopped||355||28.04||0.87||0||0.87||23.15|
|¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley||5||0.12||0.95||0.5||0.45||0.45|