This dish has lots of protein from the lean chicken thighs, and lots of great vitamins and minerals from the broccoli such as iron, calcium, and zinc. But don’t worry, it’s not bland—the fresh dill sauce makes sure of that.
Making this dish is super easy. Start by covering the juicy chicken thighs in olive oil and the seasoning mix, place in a piping hot skillet and fry until cooked right through. After the chicken is cooked you use the same pan to boil the broccoli in chicken broth, which enhances the flavor (as well as keeping the dishes to a minimum!).
The other major component of this dish is the tasty and rich dill sauce. You make the sauce by adding the sauce ingredients into a pan and slowly bringing them to a boil with the chicken in the pan simmering away. Dill, if you haven’t had it before with chicken, is a great flavor combination that gives it a lot more flavor but without adding any carbs or sugars.
To serve this dish, place the cooked chicken onto a plate, cover it in dill sauce, and serve the crunchy broccoli on the side. Once you’ve had this once, it’s sure to become a regular dish you whip up for yourself or the whole family.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce broccoli, florets
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and chicken and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan but keep warm.
3. Add broccoli and the chicken broth to the same frying pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer covered for 4 – 5 minutes. Remove broccoli from pan but leave the broth. Keep broccoli warm.
4. In a bowl, mix together heavy cream and fresh dill. Stir that into the frying pan with the chicken broth. Bring this to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
5. Add the chicken into the pan and cover with lid. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Serve the creamy chicken with the broccoli. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 389 calories, 30.2g fat, 6.3g net carbs, and 23.6g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||41||0.0||0.0||0.0||76.9|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|0.75 cup chicken broth||11||0.4||0.8||0||0.8||1.2|
|0.75 cup heavy cream||607||64.3||4.8||0||4.8||5|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh dill||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||389||30.2||10.1||3.8||6.3||23.6|