The orange crust gives you the first clue as to how delicious this bread is. Tucked inside this almond-flour based loaf is plenty of crispy bacon and cheddar cheese. This keto bread makes the perfect side for our Mississippi Pot Roast recipe or a simple breakfast with a healthy smear of softened butter.
Make sure you heed the warning about slicing the bread while it’s hot. Like many keto goods, this one’s fragile until completely cooled. If you try to slice it early, then you may end up with a mess on your hands.
Yields 10 servings of Keto Cheesy Bacon Bread
- 7 ounces bacon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 300F. Grease the inside of a bread loaf pan. Then dice up the bacon and fry until crispy.
2. Whisk the almond flour and baking powder together.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the sour cream and eggs together.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Mix in the butter, then fold in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
6. Add the batter to the bread tin. Garnish the top with a bit of extra cheese
6. Bake for 45 minutes, then stick a wooden toothpick into the center. The bread is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let the bread completely cool before slicing. I’m serious! If it’s hot when you slice it, then it may fall apart. It’s even better if you let it chill in the fridge before serving.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Keto Cheesy Bacon Bread. Each serving comes out to be 306.63 Calories, 26.25g Fats, 2.99g Net Carbs, and 14.44g Protein.
|Keto Cheesy Bacon Bread||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|7 ounces bacon||929||70||3.4||0||3.4||67|
|1 1/2 cups almond flour||973||84||36||21||15||36|
|1 tablespoon baking powder||7.3||0||3.8||0||3.8||0|
|1/3 cup sour cream||150||15||3.5||0||3.5||1.9|
|2 large eggs||143||9.5||0.7||0||0.7||13|
|4 tablespoons butter, melted||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese||457||38||3.5||0||3.5||26|