This Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is a meal that has the potential to bring people together. It’s simple and delicious, which is a winning combination in any recipe book. With a delectably savory sauce and served with a side of cauliflower rice, you won’t be missing any carbs here!
One of the best things about this Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is how easy it is to put together. Just brown the chicken and vegetables, toss them into the slow cooker and let it cook. This allows you to have the ease and convenience of cooking without a lot of hands-on work. Don’t forget to add a dash of Worcester sauce for depth and a delectable umami flavor.
If you prefer specific vegetables, you’ll be happy to know that this recipe is entirely customizable. You can swap out the mushrooms and peppers for leek, courgette, or any other seasonal veggies. Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of parsley on top before serving, and you can also squeeze a touch of lime or lemon juice for zest.
This recipe is rich and hearty, making it a must-have for the colder months. It’s perfect for a simple weeknight family dinner or if you’re hosting dinner guests, so try this recipe if you’re looking for an easy Italian meal idea. You won’t regret it.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cacciatore Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken:
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 32 ounce boneless, skinless chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, divided
- 14 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounce cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoon, italian seasoning
- 400 gram cauliflower rice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, add half of the olive oil and the chicken. Cook the chicken, browning on both sides, for about 4 minutes each. Once browned, transfer chicken to slow cooker leaving olive oil in the pan.
3. Add the onion into the remaining oil and fat. Once the onions are softened, add in the garlic and cook for an additional 60-90 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to the slow cooker with all pan drippings.
4. Add in the green bell pepper, cremini mushrooms, onion, and worcestershire sauce.
5. Lastly, add in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
6. Once you are ready to eat, in a frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and cauliflower rice. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve the cacciatore chicken over top of the cauliflower rice.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cacciatore Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 380 calories, 25.3g fat, 9.9g net carbs, and 29.4g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|32.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||1297||81||0||0||0||153.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium yellow onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|1.00 tablespoon worcestershire sauce||13||0||3.3||0||3.3||0|
|14.00 ounce crushed tomatoes||127||1.2||29||7.5||21.4||6.4|
|1.00 medium green bell pepper||23||0.2||5.4||2||3.4||1|
|8.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||64||0.2||9.3||1.4||7.9||5.7|
|2.00 teaspoon italian seasoning||6||0.2||1.2||0.8||0.5||0.2|
|400.00 gram cauliflower rice||100||1.2||20||8||12||7.6|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|Per serving (/6)||380||25.3||13.4||3.52||9.9||29.4|